Twin beds?

sho

Yes! Just did this on Equinox when sailing with a friend. The round end doesn't affect the ability to split into two twins and you'll have nighttable shelves in between the beds.

Be aware that if the bed is by the bathroom, separating the twin beds moves one quite close to the closet which may be annoying for some. We didn't mind at all but if I did it again and a room with bed by balcony was available, I'd opt for that.

Plan to book a balcony room on Equinox. Looked at a photo of the cabin and noticed the bed had a round end. Can the bed be separated into two twin beds?

YES!! They will have your room set-up as either one larger bed, or split as done with two singles. I do a CPAP machine and for both of our Solstice cruises, they had it done as two different beds to make it easier for my wife to sleep with my machine on. Just let them know ahead. Works well, even with the curve at one of the corners.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 65,646 views for this fun posting.

Yes! Just did this on Equinox when sailing with a friend. The round end doesn't affect the ability to split into two twins and you'll have nighttable shelves in between the beds.

Be aware that if the bed is by the bathroom, separating the twin beds moves one quite close to the closet which may be annoying for some. We didn't mind at all but if I did it again and a room with bed by balcony was available, I'd opt for that.

If you have the beds by the bath, just put one of the night stands between the closet and the one bed, and then put the other night stand between the two beds. Works great and gives you more space to get in and out of the closet. Everything just shifts away from the closet.

Edited by gimletgal
  • Like 1

If you have the beds by the bath, just put one of the night stands between the closet and the one bed, and then put the other night stand between the two beds. Works great and gives you more space to get in and out of the closet. Everything just shifts away from the closet.

Great tip

Plan to book a balcony room on Equinox.

Looked at a photo of the cabin and noticed the bed had a round end.

Can the bed be separated into two twin beds?

Actually all the beds are that way. The bed u see is actually two single beds put together to make one bed. Each half of the bed has a rounded corner at the bottom (outside bottom edge).

Our shelves were actually attached to the wall, not a table that could be moved! We would certainly have moved them if we'd been able. Again, it was not a major issue at all and we had perfectly adequate access to the closet.

Our shelves were actually attached to the wall, not a table that could be moved! We would certainly have moved them if we'd been able. Again, it was not a major issue at all and we had perfectly adequate access to the closet.

What ship and class were u in. I have never had an X cruise that didn't have 2 beds with the night stands placed on the "outside" of the beds when together, or 1 or 2 night stands placed in between the "single"beds.

But I haven't sailed in all classes, so maybe some are different??

• 8 years later...