Freedom - Mystery Dinner Theatre, Any Good?

I was wondering the same thing since I saw a bad review from an April sailing. I am sailing the end of October on Freedom with my BFF who is taking her first cruise. Thought the Mystery Dinner would be a nice introduction to the week but.....not if it is as bad a one reviewer said. Any recent cruisers out there who can shed some light on this mystery?

Haven't done it on Freedom but did on the Navigator. Started in the Champagne lounge where they served wine and hors d'oeuvres. Then went to Portofinos where they served a four course meal with all the red or white wine you could drink. Play was real "ham and egg", but we had a fun time and would definitely do it again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

DW and I did the show last May on FOS. It was fun. Not something I would do again but worth the try. Show is very campy and there are some laughs along the way. If your looking for serious acting don't go. But for a chuckle and a good meal it was worth it. The real bonus to us was the performers who put on the mystery show are the same performers in the main theater shows. It was fun to talk to them during the dinner then see them perform for real at the main theater. They are much more talented then they're Mystery show act. It was a good time. Give it a try!:)

Does anyone know the title of the show on the Freedom?

I believe the main production show is called Marquee. Hairspray is coming at some point after it leaves Oasis later this year.

Edited by clarea

Do they have the Mystery Dinner show on the Adventure too?

We've seen it before on Adventure. Check your Pre-Cruise Planner under the dining section to see if it's on your sailing.

I believe the main production show is called Marquee. Hairspray is coming at some point after it leaves Oasis later this year.

Hi Bob....

Actually, I was looking to find out the name of the mystery dinner show. We've seen "Bada Bing Bada Boom" a few times so we're hoping they might have a different play on the Freedom.

Hairspray is great on the Oasis. I believe they will have Cats after the drydock when the Freedom takes over Hairspray.

Marquee is a great show. Can't go wrong with the Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers!

Thanks for responding!

Do they have the Mystery Dinner show on the Adventure too?

Yes! The Adventure has the mystery dinner show called "Bada Bing Bada Boom". It starts at the Viking Crown and moves to Giovanni's Table.

It's great fun and the singers and dancers do a great job. It's obvious they have a ton of fun doing it and enjoy interacting with the guests!

Some will say it's cheesy, but it's still great fun. Your table-mates will make a difference too....get to know everyone!

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
We just got home from FOS yesterday and did the Mystery Dinner Theater on the first night. Like someone else said it's cheesy, over the top but fun. My daughter won the gift basket! If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Just curious what was on the menu?

• 1 month later...

Just booked the Mystery Dinner Theatre for our upcoming FOS cruise. Thx for the menu! I imagine it hasn't changed. Is there a dress code since it is in Portofino? Ours starts at 7:15 pm. I have heard it lasts around 3 hours? Really looking forward to this. My 5th RC cruise but first time for mystery dinner theatre. Nice to try different things!

Just booked the Mystery Dinner Theatre for our upcoming FOS cruise. Thx for the menu! I imagine it hasn't changed. Is there a dress code since it is in Portofino? Ours starts at 7:15 pm. I have heard it lasts around 3 hours? Really looking forward to this. My 5th RC cruise but first time for mystery dinner theatre. Nice to try different things!

Yes, I'd expect it to last around 3 hours. Regarding the dress, I've seen tuxes to nice casual.

Yep. $55 per person. You will be charged when you book it. FYI, we tried to book it on the RC website for over a week and got the error page. Called Crown and Anchor this morning and they had it booked for me in 5 min. Also were nice enough to book for my friends who are going on their 1st RC cruise with us. Very good customer service!