Checking in for return flight

erocrobro

We will need to check-in for our return flight 24 hours before boarding (Southwest) while we are at sea. I see Carnival offers luggage express that says it includes your boarding passes, does this mean that they will take care of the check-in process for us?

Can anyone offer alternate suggestions as to how to do this? Is the ship's internet service reliable enough to take care of this if I just purchase the basic package?

Southwest has early bird check in that you can add on for $12. It will check you in and most people end up with a boarding slot in the A or B group.

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

Thanks! I have used Southwest's service before, I was just wondering if paying the extra $8 would be worth it to also have them take care of my luggage. If they do indeed take care of check-in, I think I'm sold on that.

I do what sirfuller stated, and get the early bird checkin with Southwest for most flights with them. I have always been in group A, with a boarding position under #30. For this upcoming cruise, I'll do the same, and not have to worry about checking in. SW also offers electronic/mobile boarding passes now, so you don't have to worry about printing it out.

http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/airport-experience/mobile-boarding-pass.html

We just got off the Breeze today, and we ended up doing the Early Bird Check In, for that reason.:D:D

We ended up with A21-A23. When we boarded, we were able to sit in the 3rd row. It was worth the $12pp.

Good luck!!!!:D

If you are paying for luggage express no need to pay for the early bird, carnival checks in for you and you will get your boarding passes the night before you get off (we were either A or B). Put out your luggage the last night and you won't see it until you land in your home town. Or, like we did on our last cruise is just use the fun hub and it was like less then 5 min and I checked in for southwest, they also have a printer so I just printed them out for us.

We loved luggage express when we flew SW from Fort Lauderdale. It was WELL worth the money to not have to drag our luggage from port to the airport. Our friends did not do it and had to lug their suitcases around for 4 hours. You can only check it in about 1 1/2 hours before (I think it is that amount of time...I'm sure someone will correct me if it is 2 1/2 hours! )

We also pay the $12.50 extra to SW for auto check in. We travel in a large group and like to sit near each other on the plane.

I didn't use luggage express, but, i went to Southwest's website at the internet cafe on the last day for 0.75/ minute and printed out my boarding pass. Easy peasy. :D

This is what we did too... :D Not only easy but considerably cheaper ! Think it was 50 cents a page to print out the boarding passes, in addition to the internet time used.

Edited by hancogran

I also use Earlybird Check-in for our return flight. I'm never sure what we'll be doing or where we'll be 24 hours before check-in time so it's well worth the 12.50 each to not worry about it. We've always had A or B groups. I've heard the ship's internet can be a little unreliable at times, but have never used it myself.

We just got off the Breeze today, and we ended up doing the Early Bird Check In, for that reason.:D:D

We ended up with A21-A23. When we boarded, we were able to sit in the 3rd row. It was worth the $12pp.

Good luck!!!!:D

I get EB checkin also, and was able to grab a seat in the third row also. My position number is usually under 30. What I have noticed lately though is that one or two members of a party of lets say, of 6, are purchasing EB, have low numbers, and then try to hold a row of seats for others in their party that did not purchase EB. The flight attendants on one my flights quickly put a stop to it, as two people were holding the entire first row (6 seats) for their party (4 didn't buy EB), when they tried to prevent a flier who needed assistance from sitting in one of the seats before others in their party boarded.

Seems to me that when we used luggage express at FLL, there were time limits on being able to use it ....like the flights had to be after a certain time. Seems like it said 11:30 but I might be wrong. We didn't pay any attention because our flight wasn't until 3:45pm ... and even then our flight was delayed 2 hours because of severe thunderstorms!

We loved luggage express when we flew SW from Fort Lauderdale. It was WELL worth the money to not have to drag our luggage from port to the airport. Our friends did not do it and had to lug their suitcases around for 4 hours. You can only check it in about 1 1/2 hours before (I think it is that amount of time...I'm sure someone will correct me if it is 2 1/2 hours! )

We also pay the $12.50 extra to SW for auto check in. We travel in a large group and like to sit near each other on the plane.

SW checkin inside terminal is 4 hrs ahead

We checked in for a 3:00 pm flight as soon as we entered the port on our phone at 6:30 am and got section B 48-51.we were able to sit together. Boarding passes were printed at the airport in FLL.