Bottled water question

I'm going on the 9 day explorer on July 31st. I drink a lot of water during the day. I'm tying to decide if I should purchase the drink package that includes the bottled water OR have the bottled water delivered to my stateroom. The RCL website says the water that is delivered to the satareroom is evian.

I guess the question is if you buy the package is evian the water they give you or some other cheaper brand.

I tried calling RCI and they didn't know which brand was included.

Thanks for any help.

You really don't need bottled water - tap water/ice water is fine on ship and available at all food locations/bars - just ask your room steward for ice for your cabin and drink the tap water. If you want to carry water around with you bring a sports bottle and use that.

I'm going on the 9 day explorer on July 31st. I drink a lot of water during the day. I'm tying to decide if I should purchase the drink package that includes the bottled water OR have the bottled water delivered to my stateroom. The RCL website says the water that is delivered to the satareroom is evian.

I guess the question is if you buy the package is evian the water they give you or some other cheaper brand.

Thanks for any help.

We bring some bottled water with us in our suitcase or carry on.

doolange, I assume that you will be driving to Cape Liberty. Will one case hold you for the 9 days? Just take one with you. You *should* be able to just carry it on.

It's a spring water like Evian; in our case it was Crystal Geyser which was tasty.

Spring water like Evian or CG is "regular" water if you live in Switzerland or where CG comes from where the spring makes up the local water, . It's NOT regular water compared to something like Dasani, which is municipal water from the bottling plant area, run through some filters and bottled.

I have no idea why when someone asks about bottled water people have to chime in with their opinions about the merits of this. SMH.

This is what I was offered as part of the Replenish Package on Legend last month. It's a smaller bottle than the Evian that comes as part of the water package but you can have as many as you want though only one at a time if that makes sense. They didn't swipe my card at any time.

WP_000970.jpg

We usually pre-book 8 bottles of Evian water for the stateroom. For us, it's a nice touch.

As others say, the water on board is perfectly drinkable, and we do sometimes drink it at mealtimes, but it's nice to have a bottle of chilled water in an ice bucket in the room to drink at your leisure, or take to the pool or ashore with you. We don't do drink packages at all, and don't like the idea of topping up old bottles from communal water taps as it is a health hazard. It's just a personal preference.

Enjoy your water in whatever way you choose to take it. :)

We had the Royal Replenish package and we got the Crystal Geyser water when requesting. You pay for the Evian that is delivered to your stateroom. I wold usually go from bar to bar to collect enough for our days at Port. Sometimes they will swap sometimes they don't.... I just got off the Explores on Saturday and that was my experience. I wouldn't drink the water from the ship as didn't taste ok. Maybe is the water from NJ that the have ??!!

I have no idea why when someone asks about bottled water people have to chime in with their opinions about the merits of this. SMH.

This is what I was offered as part of the Replenish Package on Legend last month. It's a smaller bottle than the Evian that comes as part of the water package but you can have as many as you want though only one at a time if that makes sense. They didn't swipe my card at any time.

WP_000970.jpg

My card was swiped by some bartenders and not by others. Case by case basis.

You really don't need bottled water - tap water/ice water is fine on ship and available at all food locations/bars - just ask your room steward for ice for your cabin and drink the tap water. If you want to carry water around with you bring a sports bottle and use that.

Per above, you don't need to use bottled water unless you just want to.

LuLu

WP_000970.jpg

A lot of people purchase water not realizing that the tap water is perfectly safe and fine for drinking. Just trying to give a helpful opinion. Had tablemates who expressed this.

A lot of people purchase water not realizing that the tap water is perfectly safe and fine for drinking. Just trying to give a helpful opinion. Had tablemates who expressed this.

Fuggedabowdit.

Water people need to bring bottled water.:rolleyes:

Yes it's safe. Remember though not all folks like the taste of ships water all of the time. I for one can often detect a chlorine or tank taste sometimes.

We had Crystal Geyser and just got off Navigator yesterday and I had 10 bottles leftover in my mini-fridge that I took home with me. I think I averaged 9-10 bottles a day (even got the nickname "Waterman" in a few bars). I drank plenty of shipboard water too, but it's harder to put an open cup in your pocket and walk around. I saw people with cases and luggage tags so either way it should work to what you are working on.

Many interesting opinions on this! As for DH and I, we brought a case of 24 water bottle on our last cruise. We still drank the ship water although it does affect my acid reflux sometimes (not because of food, I'm careful on what I eat) - I can taste the difference between ship water and bottled water. I somehow have the most sensitive taste buds :o It's nice to bring bottled water at the ports when you know you will be walking most of the day (they may provide you water but you never know!). It all depends on what you prefer :)

Thanks for any help.

I live in Bayonne and when I go on the ship i always bring a case of water with sports tops just put a luggage tag on it and goes to your cabin I do this all the time