Itinerary Docking Time v Actually getting off the ship

The itinerary says the ship will dock in Nassau at 1:30 pm, what time would the average passenger actually get off the ship?

Usually within 30 minutes of docking.

Grandeur.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, The port of Nassau will clear the ship quickly, I agree with Bob within 30 minutes. Remember though it might take you a few minutes to get to the terminal if you don't happen to get the close dock.

I seem to recall getting off the ship close to the arrival time shown on the itinerary.

So when the itinerary showed 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM I thought we were cleared and ready to by 8:00 AM. Which would mean we would have docked closer to 7:30.

Can you usually get off at the time shown on the itinerary or a half hour later?

Thanks,

IC

We will also be on Grandeur with a 1:30 stop in Nassau. Does that seem like enough time to visit Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island? The last time we were in Nassau we had a full day and went to the Sheridan ( now the Melia) and loved it. However, I read that they close the pool area there at 5:00pm, so I don't think it would be worth the $30 per person. Thanks so much for your help

I've found that ships usually dock in Nassau ahead of the time listed in the schedules. It's a short distance from CocoCay (often the destination the prior day), and even the sailing time from Miami is fairly quick.

Now, I did notice that while arrival time in St. Thomas for the Freedom was listed as noon, our arrival on July 2 was after 12:30. So, by the time we got off the ship, it was close to 1pm.

Considering that we departed CocoCay on June 30 at 2:30, rather than the published time of 4pm, I was surprised that we were late into St. Thomas.

I seem to recall getting off the ship close to the arrival time shown on the itinerary.

So when the itinerary showed 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM I thought we were cleared and ready to by 8:00 AM. Which would mean we would have docked closer to 7:30.

Can you usually get off at the time shown on the itinerary or a half hour later?

Thanks,

IC

as long as everything goes according to plan, sure. but if you have to sit out in the channel idling your engine because another cruise ship fails to leave on their schedule, you could end up docking over an hour late.

Not that that has EVER happened to me( I am looking at YOU Princess cruise Line!!!! :p )

Thanks. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to get off the ship and go to British Colonial Hilton for the day. Or even Melia as someone else mentioned. I have no problem staying on the ship while in port. Would like a beach day but paying a lot for 3 hours at the beach doesn't seem rational.

I believe Junkanoo Beach is a free beach within walking distance of the ship. I'm not sure how well it compares to Cable or Cabbage Beach. When we were in Nassau several years ago, we took the local bus both ways to what is the Melia now, and I think it took about half an hour ( I guess a cab would be quicker). If the "day passes" they sell are only good until 5pm, that doesn't leave you much time.

The itinerary says the ship will dock in Nassau at 1:30 pm, what time would the average passenger actually get off the ship?

What time are you leaving? I think when we go to Nassau on Grandeur, we don't leave until almost midnight. I had not heard that the day passes to Melia are only good till 5pm. That may change our whole strategy. Is this true for BCH too?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app