Piddly Little $50 OBC Issue. No Flames Please.

Aquahound

he was listed as never cruising before with Princess and not having on board credit. I was listed as platinum with on board credit.

If something like this happens the Captain's Circle Host/ess will get it fixed onboard.

• 5 months later...

"But the second was I didn't get my $50 OBC that was reflected on my booking invoice. When I contacted them after the cruise, they said it could take up 2 billing cycles to see the refund on my card. Well, 2 cycles have come and gone and...nothing"

The lesson for all here is, 1) bring hard copy and/or print to file proof of all your OBC's with you, 2) check your folio account on the first day on board to assure the OBC's have been properly applied, 3) if not properly applied visit passenger service on board for the correction and 4) never wait until you get home, always do your best to resolve these issues on board.

We had an OBC issue this past September and with the hard copy print out from the Payments and Credit file it was solved overnight.

Back in May, I booked a last minute cruise on Caribbean Princess. There were some minor clarical issues they blamed on it being a last minute booking. The first of which was a blue card and no past guest perks. No biggie. Only one past cruise with them, so it wasn't worth complaining about anyways. But the second was I didn't get my $50 OBC that was reflected on my booking invoice. When I contacted them after the cruise, they said it could take up 2 billing cycles to see the refund on my card. Well, 2 cycles have come and gone and...nothing.

I say this is piddly and I mean it. I don't plan on pursuing it and I'm just chalking it up as a customer service hiccup that is so common in the cruise industry. I guess I'm just curious....is this a typical problem with Princess. Do you think it's even worth pursuing? Be kind, please. :o

Heck, fifty dollars is fifty dollars! Go get um.

As someone already said for problems like this the front desk is not the best place to assist you The Captains circle person can get things done.

I had a problem when we did not get our $25 pp loyalty credit on one cruise and when I e-mailed Princess they said If I asked the Captains Circle person on the next cruise it would be applied

I printed out the message with full original explanation and when I got on the next cruise I got the credit for both of us within 2 days

$50 isn't going to make or break you but look what it's doing for Princess. If they do $50 here, $36 there and $100, etc, it adds up quick! They stand to make hundreds of thousands of dollars from "mistakes" if customers don't peruse it...and they're counting on it. But it's not just cruise companies. All of corporate does it and all of corporate is full of people working for them that (seemingly) can't do anything about it. Are they really that inept or just want us to think they are? I am out to make businesses, in my corner of the world, do the right thing. It's a full time job :eek: