Explore4 is Returning

LAFFNVEGAS

Told today that Explore 4 was not available for the 35 day Voyage of the Vikings - even for a Vista Suite.

Not likely to see it on that particular cruise. It is traditionally one of the more popular HAL itineraries and sells-out at relatively high prices. There is no need for HAL to add any kind of promotion to that cruise.

Hank

You are correct I back tracked on what I stated Caribbean starts in Feb sailings and yes 2015 Canada / New England is included

Some Caribbean sailings start in January, as I was looking at a couple.

DaveOKC

What about Canada New England?

1.Go to HAL web site.

2 Bottom of page, right corner under promotions and specials: select the Explore 4 option.

3. Page will come up with a red 'select sailings" tab: select that tab.

4. Next page drop down list with various sailings, durations and dates.

Unfortunately for us, none of the longer cruises (21 + days) out of US ports seems to be available or interest us for the EXP4 promotion.:(

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

I booked the Noordam today for July 11 to Alaska and my TA gave me the Explore 4 package. Our price is the same it's been for a few weeks. Looking forward to a few cocktails. :D

Our rate includes the Explore 4 package and is the same for our July 18 NOORDAM cruise :)

We booked a "B" cabin last month thru a TA for the 14 day Ryndam Carib cruise departing 2/15. Checked out the HAL site today - with the Explore 4, booking direct thru HAL the same cabin would cost us about $2200 more. No amount of booze or "freebies" can make that up. I will call the the TA tomorrow on the off-chance that she can get it for us, but won't hold my breath.;)

Jimmy,

Have you been on the Ryndam before? If so, any suggestions for ocean view cabins?

Thanks

Nope, unfortunately. Even if you do find an agency that will take your business, Holland America may (or will) deny you boarding if you do not present proof of a US resident address!

Thanks Alphen :(

Jimmy,

Have you been on the Ryndam before? If so, any suggestions for ocean view cabins?

Thanks

This will be the 3rd time for us on Ryndam - she was our 1st (civilian) cruise in 1997. Unfortunately, we have never done an OV, so I can't help you there. Their balconies are great (bigger than Vista with a real teak deck (cooler in the sun). We have also done Veendem (before she was butchered) and Maasdam. They are our favorite class of HAL's ships and we will miss them when they are no more.

We booked a "B" cabin last month thru a TA for the 14 day Ryndam Carib cruise departing 2/15. Checked out the HAL site today - with the Explore 4, booking direct thru HAL the same cabin would cost us about $2200 more. No amount of booze or "freebies" can make that up. I will call the the TA tomorrow on the off-chance that she can get it for us, but won't hold my breath.;)

Well - contrary to what I wrote above, my TA called HAL this morning and got us the complete package at no additional cost. Woohoo!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...