Have you ever been left in a port

Herby

No, we always return to our ship fairly early.

In both Nassau and Grand Turk, we enjoy watching the "minute men" (and women) doing the last minute dash. We watched one very obese couple saunter out to our ship at Grand Turk. They ambled down the pier as if they had all day. They loaded them on the crew gangway as all the others were in and the spring lines had been cast off. That is cutting it too close, folks!

No, we always return to our ship fairly early.

In both Nassau and Grand Turk, we enjoy watching the "minute men" (and women) doing the last minute dash. We watched one very obese couple saunter out to our ship at Grand Turk. They ambled down the pier as if they had all day. They loaded them on the crew gangway as all the others were in and the spring lines had been cast off. That is cutting it too close, folks!

Minutemen. I like that. We've always called it the running of the drunks.

No, but one close call. Delta cancelled our flight to Barbados and we finally arrived 45 minutes before the ship left. Went through customs/immigration/luggage, got in a taxi that thankfully broke every possible traffic law. We were the last two to board.

No, but one close call. Delta cancelled our flight to Barbados and we finally arrived 45 minutes before the ship left. Went through customs/immigration/luggage, got in a taxi that thankfully broke every possible traffic law. We were the last two to board.

We've traveled as a party of 4 to a party of 27 on numerous cruises and never had anyone (knock on wood) that got left. The closest we came was my SIL. He went alone on a dive. We insisted he do a ship sponsored dive because of our fear he would get distracted (ooh...shiny beer bottle) and miss the boat. When the ship sponsored dive excursion let him off at the port, we didn't realize that he would spot a distraction (ooh..shiny unusual beer bottles) on the way. He decided that he had plenty of time to walk back to this roadside bar and partake of one of the shiny bottles. After one bottle, he was tempted by another one and apparently the distractions continued. We watched anxiously for the "running of the drunks" because we knew that his excursion group had returned to the ship. He had not taken a credit card or cell phone and had limited cash. When the ship pulled away, we still had not spotted him. His wife and Mother were pretty upset and we were trying to figure out how to "rescue" him. One last trip to the cabin to retrieve the copy of his ID to give to the crew and report him as MIA and a VERY drunk, smelly SIL was found. We had somehow missed seeing him among the last stragglers to board. He had a few coins left on him, so he had spent all his money. He would have been SOOOOO screwed had he gotten left.

I have seen quite a few over the years left behind

Don't be late is all I can say and before you go off the ship double check last time to be on board

Must say I have come close a couple of times for different reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my last cruise we met up with a couple that had decided to fly in the morning of the cruise. They were coming from California to Port Dover England. With a few mishaps they missed the ship. It took them 2 more days of flights all over Europe and a hotel room in Norway (very expensive) to finally catch up to our cruise. They missed a couple of days and apparently spent quite a bit of money catching up with the ship. They said that Carnival had really done a great job of helping them. It seems they always fly in the morning of a cruise and never have any trouble. Not this time though.

tigercat

We haven't been left but we were worried on our way to board our second cruise to Alaska that we took out of Anchorage. The flight arrangments were made by the cruiseline. The flight was on the day or departure and included four plane changes ! Fortunately, they held the ship until we arrived. We were the last to board the ship and it sailed immediately after we boarded. It was an exhausting day and we were really worried about whether we'd make it to the ship before it sailed. We've made our own flight arrangements ever since and we always fly to the port the day before the cruise!

Another nope. I always get back from excursions at least an hour before "all aboard". If I do an afternoon excursion I always do a ship sponsored one. In Hawaii I was on a ship sponsored excursion and we were late leaving to go back to the ship. The driver went like the bat out of hell to get us back to the ship, and we were the last group to get back. As soon as we boarded they buttoned up the ship and set sail.

Happily never left! :)

We've been late arriving back on ship's excursions several times but the ship has always been there.

In St. Vincent on the Catamaran sail to Bequia we were two hours late getting back (main sail broke) and the ship had a tram there to pick us up and get us back to the ship quickly. About half on the excursion were from Regent Sail Seven Seas. Their ship was also waiting.

LuLu

Have seen it happen twice.........once in Nassau, the husband was running down the dock frantically waving for the ship to stop. The wife was still strolling down the dock way behind with her shopping bags. Well the ship had pushed away from the dock and did not go back. A van was sent to pick them up and take them back to town.....

The second time we were parked next to the Oasis and about 30 min AFTER it left a young couple came up to the dock and was just standing there. Seems they had used their cell phone as a watch and because St Martin does not recognize Daylight Savings Time they were an hour late! The young lady got so upset she passed out. I truly believe they had made a "newbie" mistake.

For all of you out there who like to cut it close.......there is no doubt they will leave you!!! :eek: