Robes for the regular guys?

dateacher

If there's room in the suitcase I may just do that. I am majorly stressing over packing because I will be vacationing in Las Vegas before the cruise and will have entirely different clothes for the different temperatures and type of vacation.

Price even includes a three letter monogram. Delivered to your cabin in about 1 day.

Savings tip: They were around $5 less expensive on the ship than they were online. Not only that, but there was a 15% off coupon in the room. Naturally, I found this out after I already paid for it on the website.

Not that I'm bitter.

Savings tip: They were around $5 less expensive on the ship than they were online. Not only that, but there was a 15% off coupon in the room. Naturally, I found this out after I already paid for it on the website.

Not that I'm bitter.

Are you OK? ;)

To answer the OP's question, yes there will be two robes in your cabin.

I guess we are in the minority here regarding the robes. The first thing I do when I see our cabin steward is to give him the robes and say "I don't want to see these in my cabin until our cruise has ended." I hate wrap robes, I think HAL's are too heavy, and I don't wear white. :D

To answer the OP's question, yes there will be two robes in your cabin.

I guess we are in the minority here regarding the robes. The first thing I do when I see our cabin steward is to give him the robes and say "I don't want to see these in my cabin until our cruise has ended." I hate wrap robes, I think HAL's are too heavy, and I don't wear white. :D

Oh my, We do the same! :D:D They take up too much room & they are way too bulky.. On me they swim, as I'm only 5 ft. tall

Interesting, it would never occur to me to ask them to remove the rob. I will have to see how much room they take up.

:D Well, the thing is you really can't rob them. :)

You can buy them but if you rob them, they will automatically charge your credit card. ;)

(just teasing with you, of course. :))

I almost never use the robe HAL provides as I travel with a silk robe that zips up the front, weighs nothing and is cool in the Caribbean if I choose to sit on the verandah wearing it. I do like to know HAL's is there if I want to use it. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I love them and plan to buy one this cruise. Thanks for the head's up about the coupon POA1. Will it help assuage your bitterness knowing that your tip will help countless others to save a little of their hard-earned money?

This is one thing I love about HAL. Every passenger is treated as if they are a valued guest, not just the most expensive cabin passengers.

OP, enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity does the same.

But...Heavy velour type robes in the higher classes. Waffle lighter type in non suites. We actually had to ask for the lighter weight one, because the others are just too warm for us on warm weather cruises.

I love them and plan to buy one this cruise. Thanks for the head's up about the coupon POA1. Will it help assuage your bitterness knowing that your tip will help countless others to save a little of their hard-earned money?

Somewhat. Knowing that you saved, and time of course, will heal the wound. :D

I ordered the robe for DW as a surprise gift. It would have seemed less gift-y if I said, "Hold on honey. I love you and all, but there's upwards of eleven dollars to to be had if I take this to the Neptune and throw a fit." (We all know that everyone who saw that would refer to me as "robe cheapskate guy" for the next two weeks. ;)

On flights where one must be careful not to go over 50 lbs' I find it a relief to have those robes hanging there in the rooms. They also help if you are a little chilled with the a/c. Never used them on my earlier cruises but are finding them handy nowadays.

On flights where one must be careful not to go over 50 lbs' I find it a relief to have those robes hanging there in the rooms. They also help if you are a little chilled with the a/c. Never used them on my earlier cruises but are finding them handy nowadays.

Agreed - and with it hanging on the hook right by the bed, it is super quick to throw it on when the room service dude comes with my morning coffee.