Formal nights on the 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam

luvtwotrvl

I do remember seeing this posted before. I tried to search the Cruise Critic forum to find my answer but with no luck. Could someone tell me the exact nights for formal wear on the 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam.

Thanks,

David

Can't tell you exact days, because they could change, but likely days are second day (sea day), 6th day(sea day), 9th day( early departure Kodiak and 12th day (sea day).

Thank you, CruiserBruce.

David

I do remember seeing this posted before. I tried to search the Cruise Critic forum to find my answer but with no luck. Could someone tell me the exact nights for formal wear on the 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam.

Thanks,

David

On our 6-22-14 cruise to Alaska we had the following days as formal wear:

Formal Nights:

First Sea day-day 2

Second sea day- between Icy Straight and Anchorage-day 6

Kodiak- day 9

Third sea day-between Sitka and Victoria-day 12

We also did a review of the cruise along with pictures that you may wish to read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069385

I have seen this asked before and I am just curious why it would matter what day the formal night is on?

Number one reason: Alternative dining reservations.

Number two reason: You're planning your formal night attire and you know that the salt air has a tendency to shrink certain outfits.

Number three reason: You plan your vacation with the precision normally reserved for military invasions or Moon landings. (IMO, this is not a bad thing. However, they do make medications for it, so I could be wrong. :eek: )

number one reason: Alternative dining reservations.

Number two reason: You're planning your formal night attire and you know that the salt air has a tendency to shrink certain outfits.

Number three reason: You plan your vacation with the precision normally reserved for military invasions or moon landings. (imo, this is not a bad thing. However, they do make medications for it, so i could be wrong. :eek: )

lol! :D

Edited by luvtwotrvl

The formal nights were slightly different for the May 18th cruise. From my live thread:

I know everyone wants to know when the formal days are!

They are:

First sea day

ISP day

Kodiak day

Last sea day

I think the June cruise had a slight difference in itinerary to the May cruise. If your itinerary is similar to the June cruise, I would go with what RAJKR74 posted. If it's more like the May 18th cruise, then go with the above. Or, don't plan your PG dinner for either the ISP day or the following day.