Alcove reservations

Erikamac

You can do it online. Just make sure you do it. We love them despite the cost. On sea days it is difficult to find good seats and get good bar service. The Alcove offers both....great seating and wonderful service. Worth every penny.

We did the three sea days on our 2/14 cruise, and have booked them for the week for our 11/14 sailing. We used the speciality dining phone number and the representative booked us for the week. You get a 20% discount for booking the week that comes as an O/B credit once on board. They were sold out for our 2/14 sailing, so we booked early.

You can do it online. Just make sure you do it. We love them despite the cost. On sea days it is difficult to find good seats and get good bar service. The Alcove offers both....great seating and wonderful service. Worth every penny.

I was told couldn't pre book for European cruises....if we decide we have to do it on the ship

I booked an Alcove, online, for our 2 Sea Days on our upcoming journey on Silhouette, from Venice.....

Quite frankly, I'm shocked to see this thread. I've been on Equinox, Silhouette and Reflection and never once have a seen an alcove utilized.

I'm glad that it seems some sailings they are being used, but I've not seen it to be the case for mine :(

Quite frankly, I'm shocked to see this thread. I've been on Equinox, Silhouette and Reflection and never once have a seen an alcove utilized.

I'm glad that it seems some sailings they are being used, but I've not seen it to be the case for mine :QUOTE]

People don't normally stay in the Alcoves constantly for the full 12 hrs. DH and I left at varying times to go to the lectures, pool, lunch etc so you could have walked by our Alcove and thought it was empty as well. We love having our own private spot waiting for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked 2 sea days and 1 port day by calling Celebrity. The day we boarded Reflection I tried to book the third sea day but was unable as it was sold out. We absolutely loved our alcove and will definitely set aside the money to do it again. We loved knowing that we did not have to race to the deck to get a spot, we loved the seclusion and yet it was close enough to the action at the pool that we could walk just a short distance. We loved our pool butler who accomodated us very willingly. We loved the grass. We were fortunate enough to reserve it on the evening that a jazz concert was held in the grass. Every day that we used an alcove most if not all of the other alcoves were reserved and used by other guests. No one stayed there for the full 12 hours, of course. That is part of the advantage of having one...That would account for someone walking past and thinking that the alcoves are not being utilized. My observation for my week in April '14 was that they are very popular.

Online booking works for me, it is under restaurants and make sure when you start the process you only select one person. The price is based on the one person and then up to 4 people can use it. If you try and select both people in your reservation it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to reserve one for a cruising day, how do I go about it? Thanks:D

The Alcoves are wonderful! I believe the price is $150 sea days and 100 port days. This includes a butler who will bring you drinks, bottled water, a fruit and cheese platter, towels and if you order and pay for lunch at the Lawn Grill will bring your lunch. You call also bring up your own lunch from the buffet or hot dog/burger grill. If you have a drink package, you do not pay for alcohol or soft drinks. The other amenities are included.

The Alcove has an awning that your alcove butler will put up for you if you desire. If it is very windy-the awnings cannot go up.

It is a great escape from the noise and chair hogs by the pools- You have thick cushions on wicker furniture. The alcoves comfortably seat 4-but I have seen people bring chairs and have six people in the alcove. If you book three or more days, you will get a discount off of the price. I think we got 20% last time on the Silhouette. You can also call Celebrity and make the reservations over the phone. This is one of the reasons we love the Reflection and Silhouette as they are the only Celebrity ships with alcoves.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic