Sauna and steam rooms

bogofman

Do users of the sauna and/or steam rooms wear swim costumes or go naked?

I've never used one of the facilities on-board a ship yet.

Why don't they have communal saunas and steam rooms, since they have separate male and female rooms we have not used them yet.

Our health club at home has the communal type, much better

Both the M and S class spas have a dry sauna in the individual changing rooms. Clothing is optional in those saunas.

In the persian gardens, which is the only place to find a steam room, swimsuits are required.

Do you pay extra for the Persian Gardens? What exactly does it include on the M class ships please? Infinity here we come!!!

You pay extra unless you are in an Aqua Class cabin. I'd suggest heading there on embarkation day afternoon for a tour so you can see what is available. You can also check on cost for day and cruise long passes then. Ask if you buy a day pass if you can apply to cost to a cruise long pass if you find you like it.

Personally, it doesn't do much for us and we haven't used the area even when we've been able to do so at no extra charge. But I do know many cruisers who love it.

Edited by Lsimon

Do you pay extra for the Persian Gardens? What exactly does it include on the M class ships please? Infinity here we come!!!

There are several types of showers, rain, misty and steamy, there is a sauna (dry) and steam room. There is an area with heated recliners/benches and there is chipped ice (not to drink) to cool down you body. The lighting is subdued and I seem to remember some soothing music but I could be wrong. I used it twice on a 5 night cruise and mostly had it to myself. On the Connie it was cave-like, which was fine by me, but I understand that S class is much larger. We were in Aqua class so it was included in the price of the cabin. I do know they offered day/cruise length passes but don't know prices.

I thought the Persian Garden was nice enough, although the steam room was never hot enough for my taste. However, the co-ed nature of the Persian Garden environment felt uncomfortable to me.

As a result, I much preferred using the sauna in the men's locker room.

Forgot to mention that the dry sauna on the M class is far superior to the S class. The M class sauna in the changing area is at least twice the size as the S class and also has a huge exterior window. The S class is just a dark room in a corner of the shower area.

I assume the ladies sauna also has a window on the M class, but have never had the opportunity to confirm.

• 5 years later...
On 7/22/2014 at 1:55 AM, gblotter said:

I thought the Persian Garden was nice enough, although the steam room was never hot enough for my taste. However, the co-ed nature of the Persian Garden environment felt uncomfortable to me.

As a result, I much preferred using the sauna in the men's locker room.

Steer clear of German hotel saunas. They’re co-ed and clothing optional. 

On 7/22/2014 at 12:20 PM, trabeler said:

Forgot to mention that the dry sauna on the M class is far superior to the S class. The M class sauna in the changing area is at least twice the size as the S class and also has a huge exterior window. The S class is just a dark room in a corner of the shower area.

I assume the ladies sauna also has a window on the M class, but have never had the opportunity to confirm.

Latest "revolution" of M-class ships greatly shrinks the size of the locker room areas (where the "free" sauna was). Rooms now exist where the men's sauna was.  I fear that great sauna with the window may be gone.  Summit's new deck plan is below:

image.thumb.png.fe868f0a536413e7ab825552a39fd878.png

Edited by PelicanLvr