Spa - Mother Daughter - No Exceptions?

HI, long time lurker here and really appreciate the board's massive amount of knowledge! We are set to sail on the Navigator on Aug 3rd. It is my DD's bday that day (turning 11) and I called RC to see if I would be able to make appts for myself, DD and for a friend (age 12) & her mother (another family coming with us) for a pedicure birthday celebration. I was told that they must be 13, no exceptions. Does anyone know if this is a new rule? From past posts that I searched it seemed they allowed this.

Nancy

The spa is run by a subcontractor. Their insurance probably now stipulates they can only perform services on 13 and above. Best try would be to find out who the subcontractor is and contact them directly to ask about the policy.

Ask if they have any teen or preteen times. I know NCL Getaway had some special teen/preteen times and deals. My DD wanted to go but I am not that cool of a mom.

I get it for a massage but a pedi come on.

Seems things vary quite a bit from year to year and ship to ship. On Explorer a couple of years ago and they definitely had a teen/tween pedi party. We had 2 12's and a 9 with us. I have the pix to prove it :D Might be worth asking again.....

Wait until you are on board and then go to the spa and talk to the manager.

The answer may still be "no", but you are not going learn anything else between now and then.

:)

And congratulations on your first post in six years! :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

But it's her birthday! Surely they can make an exception for that?

I really hope you aren't serious. These restrictions exist because of liability insurance. If something were to go wrong (your big risk in a spa is infection - particularly with pedicures) and the birthday girl were to become terribly ill Steiner (the group that runs the spa) would hold complete and total liability because they knowingly disregarded their insurance requirements. It is outrageous to think they should do this over a birthday wish.