celebrity century concierge class worth the cost?

ok so after getting the drinks package thing sorted the agent is trying to upsell me im assuming more for them than me lol but have been offered concierge class upgrade at a pretty good price but is an extra $1600 would love the balcony (had a balcony on solstice) but $1600 is a lot and there do not seem to be many other perks, so do i go balcony and blow the budget or stick to the inside cabin and spend the $1600 extra on spa treatments and shore tours lol.....oh what to do, i really want that balcony but it is a lot extra to cough up. maybe if i wait prices will come down and i can upgrade then? the price on offer is $3600 for 2 for the 12 nights concierge.

ok so after getting the drinks package thing sorted the agent is trying to upsell me im assuming more for them than me lol but have been offered concierge class upgrade at a pretty good price but is an extra $1600 would love the balcony (had a balcony on solstice) but $1600 is a lot and there do not seem to be many other perks, so do i go balcony and blow the budget or stick to the inside cabin and spend the $1600 extra on spa treatments and shore tours lol.....oh what to do, i really want that balcony but it is a lot extra to cough up. maybe if i wait prices will come down and i can upgrade then? the price on offer is $3600 for 2 for the 12 nights concierge.

The whole ship is a balcony. Its easy just to run up the stairs and find a nice spot to veg out on. $1600 is a lot. Are you in an oceanview at the moment?

Its depends on what you value the most.

that extra money the agent wants to charge you seems a lot for an upgrade and that money could pay for other things and really the cabin is only somewhere to sleep but if you can afford it go for it

From what I recall, the OP has an inside, hence the problem with the drinks package that the TA stuffed.

I love balconies but you are right Missmad, it's a lot of money and I would be a little suspicious that the TA is trying to recoup something from their "mistake".

On principle I would probably stay put in my originally booked cabin and maybe hope that there might be a free upgrade (though if it's a peak time cruise pretty unlikely).

Lots of places to hang out around the ship.

Boy, this is not an event-free booking for you!

Edited by Aussieflyer

Ask your TA the price on a standard balcony and don't waste your money on a concierge class

Not sure about the difference on Century but I know the cabins are exactly the same on the Solstice and the perks for concierge don't amount to much

Edited by chester32

Have you sailed Celebrity before? If not, Concierge will also give you priority boarding, which is nice to get on quicker.

If you are interested in future cruises and want to progress in their loyalty program, then upgrading is pretty much a must. Going on inside won't get you anywhere.

Ultimately, it's going to be a judgement call though. On a dollar for dollar basis, the inside is the best value, as they always are. If spending the extra is going to be a hit to the budget, I'd suggest better not to do it. But if you can afford it and appreciate the extras, then take the upgrade.

Just did some price checking. If they're offering you $3600 for two, that's a brilliant price! Celebrity's price is ~$5000 for two. By historical standards that price is very good for a CC as well, at about $150/person/night. It looks like there is a guarantee rate around that price, but they don't often fall much.

While it's possible Celebrity will reduce their price further, given that's already reduced, it's unlikely to go much below that. The other complication is often later discounts are 'new bookings only' so even if you see an advertised price below that, it's quite possible you can't switch to it.

:confused:

36 / 4 = 12.

400 per night per couple. 200 each.

That is not 150 p.night p.person by my maths! :o

What is the $$ difference between CC or a balcony? Maybe that is the compromise you will enjoy!

36 / 4 = 9

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll bet they're doing everything they possibly can just to persuade you to take a cabin that actually has the 123go promotion included otherwise they will be paying for your drink package out of their own pockets as they are at fault! :p

$1800pp for a 12 night cruise with a drinks package in Concierge is a bargain for Celebrity, but $1600 extra is still a lot of money for the novelty of a balcony, concierge perks are pretty meh other than priority check in.

:confused:

36 / 4 = 12.

400 per night per couple. 200 each.

That is not 150 p.night p.person by my maths! :o

Well, I guess your maths and my maths don't agree! :D

My maths says 48/4 = 12, so for it to be 200 per night the cost would be $4800.

At 3600/12 = 300 /2 = $150/night/person. :o

Have sailed Celebrity many times, both Concierge and regular balcony. Balcony well worth it (doors rather than a window "open up" the cabin), Concierge a waste of money (flowers, canopies is really all u get). Admittedly, I get on priority anyway due to my long status with them.

Actually, they are "canapes" (lest someone think they are going to be provided with some sort of shade apparatus).

We were in a skysuite last year which has similar perks to concierge. They are nice little perks if you can get them at the right price. That sounds like a lot of money to me though. As you say, you can enhance your trip with spa visits and excursions, specialty dinners too if you want, for probably a lot less than you'd end up paying for concierge.

Actually, they are "canapes" (lest someone think they are going to be provided with some sort of shade apparatus).

We were in a skysuite last year which has similar perks to concierge. They are nice little perks if you can get them at the right price. That sounds like a lot of money to me though. As you say, you can enhance your trip with spa visits and excursions, specialty dinners too if you want, for probably a lot less than you'd end up paying for concierge.

I have to admit, I did immediately think they gave you a tent or something haha

• 2 weeks later...
I just got concierge for less than a balcony, any idea why?

They have too many concierges left open for where they want to be with bookings now. Balconies are closer to their forecast tolerance.

Basically, they're not so concerned about selling balconies, but are concerned about selling concierges so they're making them more desirable.

They have too many concierges left open for where they want to be with bookings now. Balconies are closer to their forecast tolerance.

Basically, they're not so concerned about selling balconies, but are concerned about selling concierges so they're making them more desirable.

All I really know is that it was too good an offer to resist.

prices dropped on the concierge cabins from when i booked so i called the agent and was able to get concierge cabin at a nice price at over $1200 discount from the advertised fare and of course we got the free drinks package so am very happy and looking forward to cruising!