Sorry!! Another drink package question

I have looked at the other related threads for clarification and have been unable to locate an answer. Do the beverage packages (soda on up to adult beverages) costs include taxes or not? We are a family of five, including 3 little ones, and I wanted to get the best total cost numbers to gauge if/which package to get. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are asking about gratuities, there is a difference between the packages.

The Refreshment (soda only) package ($4.50/day children, $6.50/day adults) will have an additional 15% added when you purchase the package.

The Replenish ($20/day), Select ($40/day), Premium ($55/day), and Ultimate ($65/day) packages already include the gratuity, so nothing will be added to the purchase price.

Edited by clarea

I recently purchased 3 different packages and the prices shown on the RCL website, are the total prices I paid. No other taxes were added. So for the Kids Soda $32.20, Royal Replenish $140.00 and Premium Alcohol $385.00 was the total I paid so I would assume tip/tax is included.

If you are on a sailing where tax is charged on the packages when booking onboard, such as r/t Barcelona sailings, you avoid the tax by booking online in advance of your sailing. The tax is only added onboard.

The RR, Royal Replenish ($20 day) is now adding a 15% service charge of $3 a day as well, while the Premium and Ultimate are inclusive.

You see your total cost by just adding the packages to your cart on the Cruise Planner for your sailing. You then can remove or just not make payment and see the exact cost.

...The RR, Royal Replenish ($20 day) is now adding a 15% service charge of $3 a day as well..

This is new, I had not heard this. I wonder if this is happening on cruises based in the US?

I just tried it for my upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise. No gratuity was added, and the fine print even said that gratuity was already included in the price.

In comparison, when trying to add the "Royal Refreshment" (soda) package, the fine print said that a 15% gratuity would be added when checking out from the Cruise Planner.

Sorry to hijack the post, but reading other replies, I'm just curious. Is the price per DAY or per NIGHT? We are on a 3 NIGHT trip in December. If I book the royal replenish and it's per night, it will be worth it. If it's per day, I won't bother since the last day is basically exiting the ship. Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hijack the post, but reading other replies, I'm just curious. Is the price per DAY or per NIGHT? We are on a 3 NIGHT trip in December. If I book the royal replenish and it's per night, it will be worth it. If it's per day, I won't bother since the last day is basically exiting the ship. Thanks in advance!

Per night.

If you are on a sailing where tax is charged on the packages when booking onboard, such as r/t Barcelona sailings, you avoid the tax by booking online in advance of your sailing. The tax is only added onboard.

The RR, Royal Replenish ($20 day) is now adding a 15% service charge of $3 a day as well, while the Premium and Ultimate are inclusive.

You see your total cost by just adding the packages to your cart on the Cruise Planner for your sailing. You then can remove or just not make payment and see the exact cost.

This is new, I had not heard this. I wonder if this is happening on cruises based in the US?

The above person is located in Europe. I wonder if that makes a difference? No one has written on these boards about the package now basically costing $23.00 per day.:confused:

The above person is located in Europe. I wonder if that makes a difference? No one has written on these boards about the package now basically costing $23.00 per day.:confused:

The Europe thing might be the difference. Adding 15% to one of the packages is the kind of thing that would have been very had to miss on these boards. I'm surprised if it's happening on US based cruises.

The Europe thing might be the difference. Adding 15% to one of the packages is the kind of thing that would have been very had to miss on these boards. I'm surprised if it's happening on US based cruises.

I just checked the RCI site. There has been no change to the wording of the Replenish or Alcohol Packages. It still gives the price of $20.00 per night and states that gratuities are included.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by Ocean Boy

I just checked the RCI site. There has been no change to the wording of the Replenish or Alcohol Packages. It still gives the price of $20.00 per night and states that gratuities are included.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

OK, that settles it.:D