Any chance of an upgrade?

I am Emerald, turning Diamond while on our cruise on the Navigator 8/25. We have an oceanview cabin now. Looks like there are several cabins still available. Any chance of an upgrade for us? What are your experiences?

I am Emerald, turning Diamond while on our cruise on the Navigator 8/25. We have an oceanview cabin now. Looks like there are several cabins still available. Any chance of an upgrade for us? What are your experiences?
I would guess about a 2% chance.

Are they lowering the prices to sell those empty cabins yet? They often do as the date approaches, and the BEST way to ensure an upgrade is when you can BUY one for very little $$. Keep watching the prices daily.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Give yourself an upgrade. Keep an eye on the prices, and if they seem attractive enough, upgrade to a better room.

I'm not sure how Royal's upgrade fairy works, but, I know mine does a pretty good job. ;-)

Beat ya by 10 minutes! [emoji14]

"Several" better cabins are available now? Between now and August 25, there is a good chance they will sell several cabins. So your odds of an upgrade are probably very low. If many, many better cabins were available now, your odds of an upgrade would be a bit better (medium or low vs very low?) Regardless, do not expect an upgrade, but be happy if one comes your way. And I'll be happy for you if it happens.

We are Diamond Plus with 30 RCCL cruises and never an upgrade. The Revenue Department has control of upgrades based on some Voodoo like magic mumbo jumbo criteria that insures that just about anyone from a first time cruiser on up could get a free upgrade. For a C&A upgrade they start with Pinnacle and work their way through the ranks. There was a time when we were sailing on Oasis that they were selling upgrades on the pier rather than assigning them to loyal C&A people.