Dinner time questions and specialty packages

Erikamac

Is the best time to book the packages before the cruise? We are on reflection and 4 dinner package (one at ea place). Is 125/pp. also are there only two times to eat in the dining room? We are 6:15 right now which is too early, and 8 is too late....

Hi, there are 3 different choices for the main dining room. Early, late

or select. Select dining is when you eat at whatever time you want.

Early is usually 6:00 and late is usually 8:30.

As for booking a Specialty package. You could wait till after you board

the ship and book then and also, sometimes they offer specials

(% off for example).

I want choice instead of 6, I'm waiting to hear back from my TA. IF I wait to book the dining package on the ship is it more $ ?

No...not more $....it could actually be less;)......they might offer

a discount. Sometimes on the first evening they may have a BOGO.....

or a % off.

Keep in mind also if you book a specialty package you can only pre-book your first dinner. When you board, you may or may not be able to book the remainder of the meals at the times/dates you prefer. We had that issue when we purchased a package.

As far as pre paid gratuities, is that bad? Is it a set $ or % ? I just hate being on a schedule on vacation.

When can we book the remainder of restaurants?

Edited by Erikamac

As far as pre paid gratuities, is that bad? Is it a set $ or % ? I just hate being on a schedule on vacation.

When can we book the remainder of restaurants?

After you board the ship. Or in the terminal. Sometimes they have

a couple of the wait staff from one of the Specialty Restaurant set up

inside the terminal and you can speak with them. Or once you actually

board the ship there is usually waitstaff in the foyer area of the buffet.

They will be more than happy to help you.

The gratuities are a set amount, about $12 per person per day. It's the same amount of money if you pay them up front or you have them paid at the end of your cruise, however in order to books select dining you must pay them up front

Is it a significant discount to wait to book on board? Need to decide if it's worth enough to give up the possibility of the prime dining times being already taken by those that have booked pre-cruise.

If the timing is most important to you then book on line to get the

exact times you want.

There is no way to tell you 100% what the discount will be. I know there

have been 20% off as well as BOGO....(buy one get one free). But there

really is no way to know for sure if that will be offered.

The discounts for specialty dining that people are referring to is if you book each specialty restaurant individually. Since the OP is interested in a dining package, those will not be further discounted once on board.

With that said, if you book now, Celebrity will charge you immediately. If you wait to book till on the ship, you can use your available OBC to pay for the dining package.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

There are only a couple of different times available in the specialty dining restaurants as well....at least that has been my experience, except in Blu, but that has nothing to do with the packages.

The discount offered is usually for the first night only and it is a 20% discount. So, if you think there is one restaurant you would like to try more than once on the package, save that one for the first night as that is your best chance of getting a further discount. They will not discount the dinners from the package any further, so if you currently have 4 dinners through the package, you may want to book one of board on the first night for a total of 5. It is my understanding that they will book your first dinner from your package ahead of time and it has to be taken on the 1st or 2nd night onboard. At least this is what was explained to me (but that may be just the rep I was speaking to).

She told me that once I boarded, I could make reservations for the rest of the dinners. When I went to go book the other nights, I was offered the first night at a discount but since that time, I was on the Century, I really didn't want to restrict myself to 4 dinners all at the same restaurant. I also booked for the Solstice but haven't gone on that one yet. I loved the specialty restaurant on the Century, but there is just the one and really wasn't fond of having to have reservations, especially not more than 3 times on an 8 night cruise so never took advantage of the first night special. There weren't any others offered on this cruise but the restaurant was always full.

PS -- for the main dining room, just choose select dining and you can make reservations every night at 7 PM if that time works best for you. You can arrange that as soon as you board with the maître d for the main dining room.