Alcohol Package on Princess ships

dne698

Not stupid, but certainly judgmental.

Certainly didn't intend it to be judgmental :(, perhaps I should have worded it differently. I was just trying to justify the expense.

Cole

Certainly didn't intend it to be judgmental :(, perhaps I should have worded it differently. I was just trying to justify the expense.

Cole

Not judgmental at all, the question has been asked many times since the package became available.

Yes one would need to drink a ton to justify, and this has been substantiated by a review of the package by recent users.

Everyone is different and some see it as a great value and fits their requirements, others don't. ;)

But...when you book you are charged for 8 days.that will include disembarking day of which we will not be drinking anything other then the routine drinks at breakfast...

You are charged for the number of cruise days ie: 7 day 10 day 14 day etc.

It cannot be pro rated if you wait a few days to purchase.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi

Sorry to jump in on this discussion but could anyone explain how one buys this package onboard. We're on Emerald in August ex Southampton and have been quoted a price in GBP to book in advance but given current exchange rates it is much more cost effective to pay in USD. Thanks for any advice.

Ann

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Forums mobile app

Hi

Sorry to jump in on this discussion but could anyone explain how one buys this package onboard. We're on Emerald in August ex Southampton and have been quoted a price in GBP to book in advance but given current exchange rates it is much more cost effective to pay in USD. Thanks for any advice.

Ann

Table set up outside the Horizon Court buffet.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi

Ann

Ann.I have prepaid for one package with pounds and my husband now wants one, I am beginning to think we should both book on board and pay in dollars,which we have..

On the Emerald in June we had to go to the Calypso Bar on Lido to purchase the All-Inclusive package. There was no table set up for that outside the Horizon Court.

Reson why I say that is......

The last 3 cruises we saw the table outside the HC.

I am sure you can always get it at the Calypso Bar.

Ann.I have prepaid for one package with pounds and my husband now wants one, I am beginning to think we should both book on board and pay in dollars,which we have..

When our TA told us the prices we decided it was a 'no-brainer' so will book onboard. However I have assumed cost will either go onto onboard account or at the very least be payable separately on Credit Card. Can anyone enlighten me please?

I have just cancelled my package.I should have realised that it would cost more in pounds due to their currency conversion.As my husband now wants one if we have to queue for him we may as well queue for two.

Annie,what trip are you on inAugust? We are on fjords on 9th..

I might just like to add that Princess removed the package straight away with no questions asked.

My husband bought the alcohol ticket but I did not as I do not drink as much as he did. it was 50.00 a day and you had to buy for each day. he thought it was worth it, but again I did not have to buy the package.

Annie,what trip are you on inAugust? We are on fjords on 9th..

Oh you've not long to wait Jane. We don't go till the end of August, Med and Adriatic. Hope you enjoy the Fjords, they're spectacular. We did them in summer a few yrs ago but last March we went to the North Cape and saw the Northern Lights. Have a great time.

Ann

• 2 weeks later...
Pricing has just gone up on wine and cocktails. Don't forget they add on the gratuity. When you purchase a specialty coffee at 3.50, you are paying 4.02. Martini's at 8.95, will be 10.29. Juice, 3.00 is 3.45. Premium water at 4.02 for an 11 oz bottle. Beer, 5.69.

My cruise is 10 nights. The cost for the package is 556. I totaled out the juice (9), Tea, (10), Water, (15), Soda, (5) Mocha Coffee (5)

and came up with 135.75.

Minus that from 556, leaving me to drink another 42 dollars per day. Yes, I like a Bloody Mary, or a FuFu drink, wine at dinner, a Martini. :D Many sea days. Still can't decide. :confused:

So, if we got a martini at $8.95 would the card pay for this? Gratuity puts it over $

10?