Cruise to No-Where on the Dawn out of NOLA

NolaZach

anyone been?

I have never been on NCL. I was talking about my cruise on the Dream with a buddy and they are going to book on it with us. But we were also talking to a mutual friend who got us to side by side ocean view cabins.

It seems so short to me, and the going down the river and back up is a long trip.

I'm just going to do it to get a sample of NCL.

Going without kids, but I did hear NCL has a superior kids program from a couple of threads.

I'm not brand loyal, just want to try cruises I can easily get to.

(also want to try the DCL out of Galveston)

Just wondering if anyone has taken the trip to no-where and thoughts on it.

I did the same thing on Gem out of NYC--wanted to see what NCL was like after I had cruised other lines. Yes it was short but I got to see the ship and experience NCL. And I've been back a lot!!!

A CTN is a lot of fun and a great weekend (or weekday) getaway IMO.

Edited by mizlorinj

Booze and gambling, hard. Not indicative of a typical NCL cruise except for maybe the poor service you will probably receive.

I think the last part is an extreme generalization. My wife and I came over to Norwegian after sailing Holland America due to the fact that HAL has slid so far in recent years. We consider Norwegian to be superior to Holland America in the service department.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I came over to Norwegian after sailing Holland America due to the fact that HAL has slid so far in recent years. We consider Norwegian to be superior to Holland America in the service department.

You just got lucky. NCL service is very hit or miss with lots more misses lately.

I think the last part is an extreme generalization. My wife and I came over to Norwegian after sailing Holland America due to the fact that HAL has slid so far in recent years. We consider Norwegian to be superior to Holland America in the service department.

You will find that LMB has a major vendetta against NCL and will not explain what it is. He says, in spiteof his disdain for NCL that he cruises frequently with them, Go figure.:confused:

You just got lucky. NCL service is very hit or miss with lots more misses lately.

Dear Love......

OK...I know I will regret this....but I gotta do this.

I get that you don't like NCL...I get that you don't like the service charge, you don't like the food, you don't like the shows, you don't like the service in the MDR, you don't like the call center staff, you don't like the PCCs, you don't like when ship changes their itinerary for safety, you don't like the size of or the number of passengers on the new ships, you don't like paying extra for shows or meals ....I get all that because every single day, you hop on and rain down your shower of snippy little negative comments.

What I don't get is what you do like? You say you sailed on NCL 4 times this year....but you only have two gaps in your posts large enough to count for a voyage. On May 21st, you pinpointed that the four cruises were in the two months prior to that. In April…you said you had sailed on both the Dawn and the Sun in the month prior. There are only gaps in your incessant posts from May 12th to May 20th and from Feb 28th to Mar 11th. Other than that, seldom do two days in a row go by that you aren't on here with your snark.

One theory I have is the reason you don’t enjoy cruising is because you spend your cruise days just like every day…haunting the cruise critic forum waiting to rain down your wealth of slanted wisdom. For God's sake...get up from the computer, go up on deck, and ENJOY!

I don't see that you ever posted a real review: a list of what you did, where you ate, what worked well and what didn't. Those reviews are of enormous help to members of this board....much more help than the almost 2,000 jabs and stabs you take.

I don’t know if you are a troll pretending to be a loyal NCL cruiser, or you are what you say and you really sail all those times. I don’t know if you are a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind, or just someone who has cruised so many times, the joy has completely gone out of it.

But I do know your venom and your vitriol is spoiling what should be a great place to share real UNBIASED information about the ships and the cruise experience.

So…what you do say love….you think you can tone it down a notch?

Does LMB have another screen name where they are a Royal Champion? Hehehehe

It is not a very well kept secret that Royal Caribbean has been paying people to trash the Breakaway with ****ty reviews courtesy of the Royal Champions.

Edited by UPNYGuy

Remember, you can adjust who you listen to here on CruiseCritic, good or bad, by just blocking that poster. You do not have to give a reason for your decision.

I find it sad that some people are so unhappy with life. I really do feel for them.

Honestly, there is no reason to fight this attitude. So many of us see the snarky remarks, chime in with our personal knowledge, and rebut all that LMB says many times over. We are actually given the opportunity to build up NCL from every remark he/she makes.

Some of us are believable, with reviews that include pictures, timelines listing cruises, and participation in roll calls. We are credible. Others........NOT so MUCH! :eek:

okay. good or bad. For us, it's a nearly free trip. (great to have a close friend at a large TA) Just to try it.

We are actually planning an Alaska cruise for 2016, but if Norweigen is nice and we like the ship, We would probably do a 7 day from New Orleans.

I like not having to fly to a port, unless the port has drastically different destinations.

I have taken a CTN, but not from New Orleans, and found it to be great fun!

Like you, I love to be able to drive to a port, so I would definitely give NCL a try if you can drive to one of their ports.

Shorter cruises don't give you the "settling in" time, but they allow you to see the ship and meet the staff, which can be a nice introduction to the line.

Enjoy!