Southwest kick man off flight for a Tweet

fbgd

This is why this entire situation has gone viral despite what you say is really the truth and has actually caused Southwest to apologize. I truly hope the customer pursues this matter further to make sure that agent is at least disciplined if not actually fired.

But again- none of us, including you, really know what the truth is here. None of us were present to hear the conversation/argument that took place at the gate, so no one knows what was said or how it was said. It's possible, that the customer said, or did, some things to the GA that he failed to mention in his tweet.

Without the full story, I don't know how you can say the agent deserves to be fired. Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. Without the truth, none of us can say. And again- the truth almost certainly lies somewhere in between what the passenger says happened and what Southwest is willing to share about what they say happened.

Please let us know how well you fare in any legal or contractual situations in the future. Who cares about actual law, wording, semantics or details -- it's all about what you think and your opinion.

Just a word to suggest that you will save yourself headaches in the future if you start to focus on details now. Before you become the geezer that you seem to think we are.

Words have meanings, and have consequences.

Perhaps it is only old geezers, (who, according to the poster addressed in the above comment, seem to be anyone over age 25, because no one older could possibly understand the internet or how it works :eek:), who care these days about actual facts and details rather than "feelings" and "emotions." After all, isn't everything posted on Twitter in the heat of the moment true? And isn't that a great way to deal with problems, rather than having a rational discussion between parties involved?

Edited by grandma*knows*best

Please let us know how well you fare in any legal or contractual situations in the future. Who cares about actual law, wording, semantics or details -- it's all about what you think and your opinion.

Just a word to suggest that you will save yourself headaches in the future if you start to focus on details now. Before you become the geezer that you seem to think we are.

Words have meanings, and have consequences.

I don't take well to online bullying so I will bite back. Sorry you can't take the snark you dish out.

I'm actually not a lawyer, that's why I've paid mine so much and had great success with any legal issue I've had. I don't need to play one on CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps it is only old geezers, (who, according to the poster addressed in the above comment, seem to be anyone over age 25, because no one older could possibly understand the internet or how it works :eek:), who care these days about actual facts and details rather than "feelings" and "emotions." After all, isn't everything posted on Twitter in the heat of the moment true? And isn't that a great way to deal with problems, rather than having a rational discussion between parties involved?

None of us were there. So you can add all of your assumptions but that won't make what happened to that A-LIST CUSTOMER and his family appropriate in any situation. The fact he was pulled off a flight he was already on with his young kids and forced to delete a tweet is mind-boggling to me and no explanation makes it okay. He, in his own words, said the issue was resolved. He was on the plane in his seat! There was no need for any further conversation besides the agent wanting to control what he tweeted. He can tweet what he wants. She saw the tweet as a problem because it included her name and could lead to repercussions from SWA.

I guess all of you that agree with her are the entitled ones and think you can bully people into doing what YOU want. Nope. Keep trying and let me know how that works for you...

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, and those reading it are entitled to respond. The right to say something is doesn't include the right to the last word on the topic.

Flame away! I'm ready...

The ticket agent was wrong. She had no right to demand the tweet was deleted. Frankly the CRO and senior management should have immediately become involved, the gate agent grossly overstepped her authority.

I don't take well to online bullying so I will bite back. Sorry you can't take the snark you dish out.

I'm actually not a lawyer, that's why I've paid mine so much and had great success with any legal issue I've had.

This is one of the most amusing threads in this forum in a long time.

And the old geezers who are capable of rational and intelligent thought, and who received their education someplace other than through bad television shows and the internet, will know exactly why.

Edited by 6rugrats

This is one of the most amusing threads in this forum in a long time.

And the old geezers who are capable of rational and intelligent thought, and who received their education someplace other than through bad television shows and the internet, will know exactly why.

Would you please SPEAK UP? My aging ears can't hear you......

I believe you were posting this in response to Flyertalker? If so, stick around for more than 5 minutes and you will see that Flyertalker is far from snarky. What he is, is extremely knowledgeable about airline stuff, and he gives it to you straight. If you need things sugar coated, you're in the wrong place.

None of us were there. So you can add all of your assumptions but that won't make what happened to that A-LIST CUSTOMER and his family appropriate in any situation. The fact he was pulled off a flight he was already on with his young kids and forced to delete a tweet is mind-boggling to me and no explanation makes it okay. He, in his own words, said the issue was resolved. He was on the plane in his seat! There was no need for any further conversation besides the agent wanting to control what he tweeted. He can tweet what he wants. She saw the tweet as a problem because it included her name and could lead to repercussions from SWA.

I guess all of you that agree with her are the entitled ones and think you can bully people into doing what YOU want. Nope. Keep trying and let me know how that works for you...

Exactly...none of us were there. So for the umpteenth time, you have no idea whether he might have said something else to the agent that he didn't share with the public. If it all went down exactly as you stated, then yeah, the agent was probably out of line. But we don't know that that's exactly how it went down, so none of us can say definitively if his family being asked to deplane was inappropriate or not. :rolleyes:

As for whether or not it was resolved, just because HE decided it was resolved doesn't mean it was. If I get in an argument with someone and punch them and walk away I can certainly say "there, that's resolved." But I doubt the other person would agree and I'd likely soon be facing some repercussions. Not saying this guy punched someone, but it's the same idea- him saying it's resolved doesn't make it so.

Exactly...none of us were there. So for the umpteenth time, you have no idea whether he might have said something else to the agent that he didn't share with the public

Like we say in family court, the truth is always somewhere in between ;)