Gem Aft Balcony Differences?

yoboy08753

I am looking at booking another Gem cruise for March 2015. We have sailed on her before in a BB balcony but now are looking at AFT balconies. Does anyone have any info on specific cabin#'s that are different then other AFT's and what is the difference?

10th floor aft balconies are the largest. IMHO The best balcony on the ship !! Our favorite cabin 10668 (or one next door good too )

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Well after reading all the great advice here I went to the ncl site and all aft balconies were sold out for my birthday sailing. So I called my PCC and low and behold 1 just came available! Though on deck 8 (I told him you guys said avoid) he said grab it and wait and he will check every week for deck 10 and just change it then call me for payment difference. Now I have 2 sailings booked!! I have to change my signature now!! :)

• 6 months later...
Well after reading all the great advice here I went to the ncl site and all aft balconies were sold out for my birthday sailing. So I called my PCC and low and behold 1 just came available! Though on deck 8 (I told him you guys said avoid) he said grab it and wait and he will check every week for deck 10 and just change it then call me for payment difference. Now I have 2 sailings booked!! I have to change my signature now!! :)

yoboy You are in a B1 now? If you are switching from one B1 to another B1 there should be no cost increase. Keep checking because as you saw, things do become available when people cancel or upgrade.

Are you coming to the M&G? Pls check in at our roll call page on this site (if you want!)

Edited by mizlorinj

10th floor aft balconies are the largest. IMHO The best balcony on the ship !! Our favorite cabin 10668 (or one next door good too )

Safe sailing

Thanks for the heads up!:D I just booked this bad boy for next year and can't wait!:cool: Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Yup the largest balconies are on 10, avoid deck 8 if you can.
Is that because of Bliss underneath? If so; how's the noise on 9?:confused::eek:;) Thanks!
Will be sailing in March for the first time on NCL and booked an aft cabin on deck 8. A little nervous now after reading to avoid this cabin. Can you tell me why it should be avoided and should I try to move? Thank you.
I asked the same question though it may just be the Bliss but not sure!:confused: Hope you get some clarification and I'm sure you'll have a gr8 cruise!;) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

yoboy You are in a B1 now? If you are switching from one B1 to another B1 there should be no cost increase. Keep checking because as you saw, things do become available when people cancel or upgrade.

Are you coming to the M&G? Pls check in at our roll call page on this site (if you want!)

After sailing our October breakaway and on the aft all the soot that gathered turned into a nasty mess on our balcony when it rained in Nassau so bad that every thing was like walking on black muck. The cabin stewart had to put towels down so it wasn't tracking onto the carpets. He said this is an all the time occurrence so we did change our gem cruise to a mid ship mini. I haven't checked our sailing thread in a while will look now.

Safe sailing

You beat me to it! 10668 is great! Very large balcony, and sandwiched between decks of cabins, so no noise from above or below. Enjoy :D

After sailing our October breakaway and on the aft all the soot that gathered turned into a nasty mess on our balcony when it rained in Nassau so bad that every thing was like walking on black muck. The cabin stewart had to put towels down so it wasn't tracking onto the carpets. He said this is an all the time occurrence so we did change our gem cruise to a mid ship mini. I haven't checked our sailing thread in a while will look now.

FYI we have sailed on deck 9 aft twice on the Gem. We never had a problem with soot.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on NCL site looking at the deck plans for Gem and considering one of the aft suites on deck 8. The cabin on the port aft side was available (8630). Up popped one of those 'let's chat' so I went on and asked what it is that's right beside 8630 as the deck plans just show a blank space. The chatter told me it is where they store the window washing equipment. When I mentioned deck 8 aft she added that a lot of cruisers complained about the cabins there because they are noisy. The bowling is right underneath them. She suggested I try for deck 10 as the balconies are bigger. I had seen that cabin 10664 was available and she said to grab it. That it has the largest balcony of them all. Anyone seen what it looks like? I did take her advice and book it.

Could the person who said they would take pictures see if it is possible to get a picture of this balcony? Maybe from above? Never been on the Gem so I don't know it at all. Never booked a suite before either.