Viator

Nymue

Yes, our TA booked all our transfers and excursions in Rome and Venice through Viator on a Princess Med cruise. We liked what Princess had to offer elsewhere. We went into Rome 3 days early and stayed on 2 extra days in Venice.

We had a great experience with everything. They picked us up at airport in Rome and delivered us to our hotel near the Vatican. They picked us up at the hotel for all of our Rome tours and also picked us up to take us to Civitavecchia to catch our cruise. They were on time for everything. In Venice they picked us up at the cruise pier and took us by private boat to our hotel. We took several tours in Venice and a rep came to our hotel to lead us to the boat back to the airport in Venice.

I looked at booking the tours directly with the tour companies, but what I liked with Viator is that the tour company is already vetted and we didn't have to worry about losing alot of money. There were 16 of us and we all did different things. Everyone had a great experience on all of the tours.

Yes, we have used them when we were doing a pre-cruise stay in Rome. We were so pleasantly surprised with the Vatican tour guide (American ex-pat) who was very, very knowledgeable and friendly. We booked some tours on our own, but the ones through Viator were excellent. We will definitely use them again when we go to Switzerland next year.

They also have transfers too and one of the best things about them is that you can book in USD instead of Euros which saves some money.

Yes, we have used them in several cities and been pleased, the Vatican tour was wonderful! However we have never used them for shore excursions before.

I think the OP is asking have you used them for shore excursions when a ship reaches a port for a day, not if you have used them pre-cruise or post-cruise.

Keith, how have you gotten in touch with the tour guide in advance?

Anne

Yes I have used them.

I read the review about the tour guide I consider as I use them for private tours.

I also correspond with the tour guides before finalizing a booking with them.

Keith

I agree the Vatican tour is wonderful! I am disabled and was concerned that I would hold the rest of the tour up, Rome was the end of a 3 week trip so I wasn't at my best. The tour guide was wonderful and I didn't slow anyone down.

Yes, we have used them when we were doing a pre-cruise stay in Rome. We were so pleasantly surprised with the Vatican tour guide (American ex-pat) who was very, very knowledgeable and friendly. We booked some tours on our own, but the ones through Viator were excellent. We will definitely use them again when we go to Switzerland next year.

They also have transfers too and one of the best things about them is that you can book in USD instead of Euros which saves some money.