balcony

we are going on adventure of the sea in feb, this is our 1st time on royal have always gone on carnival. I was looking at pictures of the balconies they kind of looked like caves not really open, there are 4 couples and we always have them open the balconies so it is all open for us with the 4 rooms next to each other can they do that on royal ?

we are going on adventure of the sea in feb, this is our 1st time on royal have always gone on carnival. I was looking at pictures of the balconies they kind of looked like caves not really open, there are 4 couples and we always have them open the balconies so it is all open for us with the 4 rooms next to each other can they do that on royal ?

It is possible to open balconies on some Royal ships, but unfortunately not on Adventure.

The balconies are NOT "cave-like", despite some photos you might have seen. Yes, they are all covered by the deck above, but the ambiant light is so bright, the balconies are in NO WAY dark!

And, no...the balcony dividers are not able to be opened.

Edited by cb at sea

Unfortunately the balconies on the Adventure, Voyager and Explorer do not have the same open feeling as the Mariner, Navigator or Freedom class ships. The first three Voyager class ships all have their balconies inside the outer structure of the ship, as opposed to the others which is outside the structure. As such, the balcony openings are "punched out" versus being the open & glass type of the other Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Below is a photo of the Explorer

IMG_0050.JPG

Unfortunately, no, but on the bright side, the average balcony size in an RCL ship is more than twice the size of the average balcony on a Carnival ship. You could probably fit all eight people on one of the balconies on Adventure :)

We've had balcony cabins on each of our seven cruises (on three different cruise lines), and Royal's have always felt more open than the others. Compared to Carnival, I think you'll be more than happy.

Have a great cruise!