Breakaway - which restaurant requires men to wear pants for dinner?

lbocola

Q: Breakaway - which restaurant requires men to wear pants for dinner?

A: All of them

*rimshot*

;) you beat me to the answer. lol

but seriously, for the OP, the only place for dinner that 'shorts' would be ok would be the buffet, or room service. any other location, please have a little respect for yourself and your cruise mates and put pants on for dinner.

i'm sorry that you had to confuse a request for information as an opportunity to be sarcastic. Surely you could have simply indicated the dress code and kept your snippy comments to yourself. Thanks for nothing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i'm sorry that you had to confuse a request for information as an opportunity to be sarcastic. Surely you could have simply indicated the dress code and kept your snippy comments to yourself. Thanks for nothing

What was wrong with my response? :confused:

I thought it was funny. It was certainly nothing to be upset about.

I don't think there was any problem with the first reply, which was clearly a joke.

The second reply however was factually incorrect. It seems to have been more about the writers opinion on people who wear shorts to the restaurants, rather than answering the question.

OP, you have to understand you have American/ US posters who response along with UK posters and to American / US users, pants = trousers, while pants is underwear / Undergarments to UK. But to American / US, underwear is underwear / undergarments, not pants to UK posters.

So all of the answers regarding pants are correct; they weren't joking that much, the other posters were telling you the truth. Sorry you got offended, OP, but you have to understand that Cruise Critic is use by different nationalities, so what one word means in one part of the world is completely different in another.

Edited by maywell

Just off the Breakaway - men can wear shorts in Taste and Savor, but they need long pants for the Manhattan dining room. The only restaurant we ate in was Moderno and all the men in our group had slacks on that night, so I don't know if that was just coincidental, or required.

But they did on occasion wear dress shorts with a polo shirt to Taste and it wasn't a problem. I did see men denied entry to the Manhattan room who were wearing shorts.

OP, you have to understand you have American/ US posters who response along with UK posters and to American / US users, pants = trousers, while pants is underwear / Undergarments to UK. But to American / US, underwear is underwear / undergarments, not pants to UK posters.

So all of the answers regarding pants are correct; they weren't joking that much, the other posters were telling you the truth. Sorry you got offended, OP, but you have to understand that Cruise Critic is use by different nationalities, so what one word means in one part of the world is completely different in another.

The answer given in post 3 has nothing to do with interpretations of what pants are. That post says "the only place for dinner that 'shorts' would be ok would be the buffet".

That statement is absolutely incorrect.

The only restaurant we ate in was Moderno and all the men in our group had slacks on that night, so I don't know if that was just coincidental, or required

Shorts are allowed in Moderno. The only speciality restaurant where they aren't allowed in Le Bistro.

You don't tend to see shorts in the speciality restaurants very often, but they are allowed.

Shorts are allowed in Moderno. The only speciality restaurant where they aren't allowed in Le Bistro.

You don't tend to see shorts in the speciality restaurants very often, but they are allowed.

You cannot wear shorts in LeBistro, Ocean Blue, or the Manhattan dining room. If you attend the Chef's tasting, it's also recommended that you dress a little more formally (but we wore nice shorts and were fine).

We saw shorts in the Manhattan Room and also t-shirts (teenagers). I would say 99% of the men wore pants.

I did see one man with a sleeveless shirt on going into either Savor or Taste and he was asked to put a shirt on with sleeves.

You cannot wear shorts in LeBistro, Ocean Blue, or the Manhattan dining room. If you attend the Chef's tasting, it's also recommended that you dress a little more formally (but we wore nice shorts and were fine).

I have never been to Ocean Blue, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the web site as one of the restaurants which don't allow shorts. Where does it say you can't wear them?

I have never been to Ocean Blue, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the web site as one of the restaurants which don't allow shorts. Where does it say you can't wear them?

It's posted in the dailies and I know I saw it somewhere on one of NCL's pages...

We're just off the ship two weeks ago, and it's enforced -- pic posted by someone else in the forum

DSC00172_zps27c054a5.jpg

It's posted in the dailies and I know I saw it somewhere on one of NCL's pages...

We're just off the ship two weeks ago, and it's enforced -- pic posted by someone else in the forum

DSC00172_zps27c054a5.jpg

Thanks for that. It's useful to know.

I wish NCL would update their FAQ's though.

I agree, my first thought when I read the title was men running around in their underwear. Let's all have a little thicker skin.

Lighten up, Francis.