LIVE from the Noordam-- a Disasterdam

cruiser4801

Well, Mr. cruiser4809, we hear from you again: repeating the coffee machine lament, but adding what seems to be complaint about lack of air conditioning on the tender ---- how dare they, especially when you presumably had to share it with those Europeans who seem to upset you.

I applaud your decision to avoid Noordam in future - as I hope to sail her for a fourth time.

Actually, I think that the hosts merged the threads. The post you're referring to was its own thread this morning.

Dear Cruiser 4801, I hope you will have an opportunity to read this thread you started. You state:

"This cruise caters to those who paid the least and they are the only ones who will enjoy this ship."

So, next time you cruise, remember your owns words: Pay the least so you will enjoy the ship.......and pack some humility.

My DH and I sailed on the Noordam across the Atlantic. It was excellent. We loved every minute of it. I do like the Eurodam over the Noordam though. But most of it was exactly the same. I missed the Silk Den and the Tamarind restaurant above.

Anyway, as I've said before, we found the TA to be wonderful onboard this ship which was taken last November, not that long ago.

We loved the Nieuw Amsterdam (sister ship to the Eurodam) and I have to admit, after cruising on her, the Noordam this winter did seem a bit tired. But, we decided to book this because it stops at Gibraltar and we've always wanted to see that. But, hey, I'm a little tired, too! We may book the 26 day NA next October!

Edited by innlady1

Actually, I think that the hosts merged the threads. The post you're referring to was its own thread this morning.

On the contrary - if you go back and read OP's initiating post and the one he posted this morning, you will see that he simply summarized his complaints over the first 17 days, added a little, and advised that he would abstain from Noordam in future --- there was no indication of the hosts having anything to do with it ---- which would have been extremely inappropriate without making it clear that they were playing editor.

On the contrary - if you go back and read OP's initiating post and the one he posted this morning, you will see that he simply summarized his complaints over the first 17 days, added a little, and advised that he would abstain from Noordam in future --- there was no indication of the hosts having anything to do with it ---- which would have been extremely inappropriate without making it clear that they were playing editor.

No navybankerteacher, the two threads were merged. I just checked. Once is listed as moved and all the posts are now here.

Let's say "some" of the posts were moved. Many were dropped during the merge.

I wonder if some had been flagged by readers as objectionable and those were removed. I didn't count the number of posts in either thread so thanks for the info Fouremco

No Navybankerteacher.. Last night there were two threads..The OP started the second thread with almost the same post & that post was also incorporated into the original thread..

I wonder if some had been flagged by readers as objectionable and those were removed. I didn't count the number of posts in either thread so thanks for the info Fouremco

This is true.. Both threads were merged! I reported the two threads & suggested both on-line & in my report that the Op may not understand how to do a search of his orig. thread.. My post was dropped on the second thread, because it was irrelevant after the merge..

Edited by serendipity1499

...How do people know what others paid anyway? I wouldn't care nor would I presume to ask.

I was on a Celebrity cruise once where apparently fares had been slashed after final payment, and it seemed to be all those who got them wanted to talk about. Not a good feeling if you didn't benefit from the fare drop.

The shoe is now on the other foot, and I got a steal of a deal (after final payment date) on my upcoming on Carnival. I've made myself a promise not to mention it onboard, even if someone asks. I figure no good can come of it.

Edited by Ryndam2002

...We've found that the more we pay for a cabin, the greater our disappointment is when things aren't 100% to our liking. A cheap inside cabin would cause us less angst than a Neptune Suite on a "bad" cruise. Lesson for us is to travel cheaply or be prepared to feel like we got less than our money's worth if it doesn't all work out to be perfect...

I feel the same way. We have found that service, in general, has been no better or worse whether in an inside or a balcony cabin. We have never done a suite, so can't speak to that. I can see how the disappointment would be even greater in a suite if expectations were not met, though.

I hope the OP can at least take away some good memories of the trip!

They were both here as two different threads on the same subject by the same poster, which surprised me. The next time I checked they had been merged into one thread.

The hosts often "sanitize" a thread and remove comments they deem inappropriate...when things get out of hand. They don't report that here.

I have a feeling plenty of members here hit the red triangle when the OP had two very similar threads going at one time.

I was on a Celebrity cruise once where apparently fares had been slashed after final payment, and it seemed to be all those who got them wanted to talk about. Not a good feeling if you didn't benefit from the fare drop.

The shoe is now on the other foot, and I got a steal of a deal (after final payment date) on my upcoming on Carnival. I've made myself a promise not to mention it onboard, even if someone asks. I figure no good can come of it.

My Noordam cruise is 23 days from sailing. Every category is still open and the prices have not gone down at all. As a matter of fact, I paid less for my cabin than what is currently being shown on the website.

I would love to be able to log in as a European and see what HAL is offering them to fill the ship.

I don't begrudge them--just interested.

Terri

We just recently booked the Noordam for a Panama Canal cruise in 2015. We have always heard such good things about her and hoping it will still be like that. Will be interesting for me to watch what others say in the upcoming months and sure hope all is right again on her.

We have done cruises where we booked a long time in advance and paid more but also after final payment and paid less. It's whatever works for each person. I certainly wouldn't be bragging on the ship if I got a really good deal-just isn't nice to do. I feel for the OP but the ship has to sell cabins and it's the chance you take.

My Noordam cruise is 23 days from sailing. Every category is still open and the prices have not gone down at all. As a matter of fact, I paid less for my cabin than what is currently being shown on the website.

I would love to be able to log in as a European and see what HAL is offering them to fill the ship.

Terri

I don't know which "Europeans" are getting these cheap deals but it certainly isn't us in the UK. Last time I checked, only a few days ago, the prices were round about the same as we paid.

They were both here as two different threads on the same subject by the same poster, which surprised me. The next time I checked they had been merged into one thread.

I guess I missed seeing the second thread before it was merged. In any event, it appears OP never did find anything to his liking on the last five days of his cruise. You'd think he would simply have been glad to get off the ship and try to forget his miserable experience as quickly as possible rather than repeat himself.

I don't know which "Europeans" are getting these cheap deals but it certainly isn't us in the UK. Last time I checked, only a few days ago, the prices were round about the same as we paid.

Well, it appears that the ship will not sail full. I, just speculating that HAL may be offering lower prices in Europe to fill the ship. It appears not. Thanks for letting us know that at least they are not in the UK.i hope you did not take that the wrong way.

See you on board

Terri

Terri

I made final payment yesterday so am keeping an eye on the prices. I actually paid less, too, for a VB than what it is being offered at now...about $300 less pp. The suites are sold out as are the lower category Verandah's. Last I looked, only VB and VA available. It seems the new staterooms on the same level as the Crow's Nest are not selling.I, for one, wouldn't want to come across the Atlantic on Deck 10!

Well, it appears that the ship will not sail full. I, just speculating that HAL may be offering lower prices in Europe to fill the ship. It appears not. Thanks for letting us know that at least they are not in the UK.i hope you did not take that the wrong way.

See you on board

Terri

Hi Terri, certainly nothing you said but some of the posts recently regarding Europeans have been slightly annoying. I am British and object to us all being lumped together as European. As you know Europe is made up of too many countries to even begin to list here and we all have different languages, cultures and food. I regard myself as British not European as I'm sure is the case with many other people.

Sorry for the rant and it certainly is not aimed at you.:)

Anyone living close to a port can get real steals on cruises close to sailing date, as long as you're not too fussy where your cabin is.. We're able to do this for Alaska cruises. No doubt it's the same for Europeans - and good luck to them.

Anyone living close to a port can get real steals on cruises close to sailing date, as long as you're not too fussy where your cabin is.. We're able to do this for Alaska cruises. No doubt it's the same for Europeans - and good luck to them.

Wish that were true here in Florida! We live 2 1/2 hours away from the nearest port (Tampa) & 3 hours from Ft. Lauderdale but have never received special offers for last minute cruises..

Wish that were true here in Florida! We live 2 1/2 hours away from the nearest port (Tampa) & 3 hours from Ft. Lauderdale but have never received special offers for last minute cruises..

Oh that's too bad.:( I track the Alaska cruises pretty much on a daily basis, and always the flash sales, and if you can cruise on, say, a week's notice - can generally get a very good deal.

Oh that's too bad.:( I track the Alaska cruises pretty much on a daily basis, and always the flash sales, and if you can cruise on, say, a week's notice - can generally get a very good deal.

Are your offers coming directly from Holland America, or is from some other place, like an agency that specializes in last minute bookings?

Hi Terri, certainly nothing you said but some of the posts recently regarding Europeans have been slightly annoying. I am British and object to us all being lumped together as European. As you know Europe is made up of too many countries to even begin to list here and we all have different languages, cultures and food. I regard myself as British not European as I'm sure is the case with many other people.

Thanks for answering. My point was like being able to log in, let's say, as a resident of Italy, and just see the prices right now. I guess my curiosity is getting the best of me.

As I said, my cabin is showing for $500 pp more than we paid for it so I'm not upset. Just curious.

Terri

I have a number of close relatives in Britain and love the country, it's culture, history, and many of the people - but you all did go and join the EUROPEAN Union (even though you showed the good sense to retain the GBP), so trying to claim that you are not European makes little more sense than my claiming that, as a Connecticut Yankee, I should not be referred to as American.