Splash academy almost 3yrs old

LiveUrlife2

Hi we are going on a cruise in December and Jw if anyone had any

Past experience with this , my nephew will b 3years old 3 weeks after our cruise

Will they let him in the 3-5 yr old group with his sister??

There has to be a cut-off date for the groups. No matter what is chosen there will always be somebody "just" short of the requirement. For example, you can drink when you are 21...not when you are 3 weeks short of 21. You can vote when you are 18...not three weeks before you are 18.

No child will be permitted in the 3-5 yo group unless they are 3, 4 or 5.

FWIW...they don't HAVE to go to the kid's club. They can spend all the time together they want outside of the groups.

I've even read on this forum from parents whose kids turned a certain age DURING the cruise, and were still not allowed to enter that level of the club until their actual birthday. I assume insurance is involved.

I've even read on this forum from parents whose kids turned a certain age DURING the cruise, and were still not allowed to enter that level of the club until their actual birthday. I assume insurance is involved.

We ran into this on our cruise last December when my son turned 6 mid-cruise. They actually asked him which he would prefer and then allowed him in the 6-? group for the whole week. I don't know if that's against policy or not, but I think he enjoyed being in with the older group.

Carnival and Disney have camp options for younger kids. Carnival allowing 2 year-olds (and Disney even younger I believe) and NCL/RCI only taking 3 and up may be a consideration for you during that year. I know I missed having the option to drop off our youngest when she was 2 on NCL. Our son has enjoyed the camps on all of the ships we've been on regardless of line or ship class.

[edit: I know the OP already made their decision, just responding for others who may find this thread]

Edited by John1928

We ran into this on our cruise last December when my son turned 6 mid-cruise. They actually asked him which he would prefer and then allowed him in the 6-? group for the whole week. I don't know if that's against policy or not, but I think he enjoyed being in with the older group.

This is consistent with NCL's policy. It's the 3-yr old cut-off and the 13-yr old cutoff that are firm.

"Can my child move up an age group if celebrating a birthday during the cruise?" Children turning three during the cruise are welcome to participate in Turtles on their birthday. No exceptions can be made.

Children turning six during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 6-9 year old age group beginning embarkation evening.

Children turning ten during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 10-12 year old age group beginning embarkation evening.

Children turning thirteen during the cruise are welcome to participate in Entourage Program on their birthday. No exceptions can be made.