Back from Silhouette Cruise

cruzemaven

This cruise was great! Service on the ship was outstanding. Food was wonderful. Most of the entertainment was entertaining. We have no complaints about anything except that it ended! Be happy to answer any specific questions about our cruise which went from Rome to Venice in 12 wonderful days.:)

This cruise was great! Service on the ship was outstanding. Food was wonderful. Most of the entertainment was entertaining. We have no complaints about anything except that it ended! Be happy to answer any specific questions about our cruise which went from Rome to Venice in 12 wonderful days.:)

Did you experience any delays arriving at any of your ports due to the propulsion slowdown that Silhouette is experiencing? It seems to be a small slowdown but some of us have gotten notification that some of our port times are changing slightly due to the issue...

Hi, my husband and I are due on Sillhouette in September sailing from Rome. A previous poster stated that there were very few men in DJ's on formal nights. As he prefers to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out, would I be better packing a normal suit

Hi, my husband and I are due on Sillhouette in September sailing from Rome. A previous poster stated that there were very few men in DJ's on formal nights. As he prefers to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out, would I be better packing a normal suit

Plenty of DJ's on Rome cruise on Silhouette last October but it seems from reading posts on CC to vary cruise to cruise. Possibly, and this is an impression not a piece of scientific analysis, there seem to be more reports of formal wear being popular on Med cruises than Caribbean ones. If your husband is uncomfortable in a DJ and only wears it to fit in then go with the suit but I am sure there will be plenty enough others in DJ's that he will not stand out if you go that way.

Did you experience any delays arriving at any of your ports due to the propulsion slowdown that Silhouette is experiencing? It seems to be a small slowdown but some of us have gotten notification that some of our port times are changing slightly due to the issue...

We were in every port at the scheduled time. We even sailed into Venice on time...no slow down problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Deleted

Edited by iSailor

There was quite a variety of attire on formal nights. Many were wearing ties and jackets and some were wearing tuxedoes. Our men wore just sport jackets no ties.

Did the ship dock on time as I will be having an early flight out of Venice at 11:00am

Did the ship dock on time as I will be having an early flight out of Venice at 11:00am

Yes. Our itinerary stated a 9am arrival and we began sailing into the Grand Canal around 7:15 am which is a fabulous sight to behold.

Glad you had a great cruise :)

My daughter is on Silhouette at the moment, they were supposed to leave Santorini today at 5pm but were told yesterday they would be staying an extra hour until 6pm, therefore no shortening of port time at all (they were due to arrive at 7am and leave at 5pm but arrived at 8am and left at 6pm) :)

Yes. Our itinerary stated a 9am arrival and we began sailing into the Grand Canal around 7:15 am which is a fabulous sight to behold.

Thanks for the info.I will be arriving at 6:45am

Are there a lot of Taxi stand by for passengers?

Edited by verizon

Thanks for the info.I will be arriving at 6:45am

Are there a lot of Taxi stand by for passengers?

We used a private transfer so I didn't notice the availability of Taxies. However, I am sure that there must be many since there are several large cruise ships arriving and departing Venice.

Edited by cruzemaven

Glad you had a great cruise :)

My daughter is on Silhouette at the moment, they were supposed to leave Santorini today at 5pm but were told yesterday they would be staying an extra hour until 6pm, therefore no shortening of port time at all (they were due to arrive at 7am and leave at 5pm but arrived at 8am and left at 6pm) :)

Hi DebbieMacG,

That's wonderful to hear that your daughter had an extra hour in Santorini! My wife and I will be on the Silhouette in a couple of weeks sailing the same itinerary. If you happen to be in contact with her, could you find out when they scheduled the formal nights? I know that one of them is usually the 2nd night,but we are in port late that day. It would help our planning of specialty restaurants, etc.

Thanks so much!

Mike

I am not sure why the negative reviews came about - for me, the 12 day Med trip was as close to perfect as could be.

We are excited to be booked on her March, 2015 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were in the Caribbean in Feb on-board Equinox and really enjoyed Sin City but wondered if this would still be on for the Med sailings.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Yes, it is.