Izumi at lunchtime

We have only ever been to Giovanni's at both lunchtime and evening, the menu is different at lunchtime from the evening one. . I was wondering if Izumi's menu is altered at lunchtime.

My hubby is not interested in the food style but I had an idea of going with a friend at lunchtime on our Quantum cruise.

Anyone been to Izumi at night and also at lunchtime? How did it compare?

We have only ever been to Giovanni's at both lunchtime and evening, the menu is different at lunchtime from the evening one. . I was wondering if Izumi's menu is altered at lunchtime.

My hubby is not interested in the food style but I had an idea of going with a friend at lunchtime on our Quantum cruise.

Anyone been to Izumi at night and also at lunchtime? How did it compare?

Yes, the menu is abbreviated at lunchtime. There is no hot rock, no sukiyaki, no tempura.

Edited by clarea

Not sure how they will handle it on Quantum, of course, but on Vision they had a interesting twist on recent sailings.

While I dined at lunch on Vision back in November and it was great, they had altered that on my April/May sailings. They used one lunch to do a Sushi Making Demonstration in the Centrum as an activity with free samples and then offered a Sushi Making Course for the next sea day for $25 which included a full lunch.

Each participant was able to prepare 4 varieties of Sushi and then those items along with items prepared by the chef were presented to each table. A desert that is normally only available in the evening was given as a nice bonus.

The Specialty Restaurant Manager on Vision had stated that each ship had been given discretion to decide opening hours on each ship. Vision had Giovanni's and Chops for lunch and only Izumi demonstration/course at lunchtime on my sailing.

This might vary on a sailing with more than 3 sea days as they could have Izumi open one day, demo another and then course on the 3rd.

Thank you for the quick replies guys.

It is the hot rock I am interested in. Looks like I will have to rethink my lunch date plan.

We have done an Indian food demo on Adventure and got to eat the food which we enjoyed , hubby does not like Sushi so no way will I be able to persuade him to join a similar thing on Vision which we sail on next April, shame. Will have to look for another date:)

Izumi has more than sushi. I am not a fan either but I am going with others who are. There is quite a bit on the dinner menu that will make me happy. Maybe you can talk your husband into going.

It was the lunchtime I wanted to go with a friend , hubby only eats fruit then or a bowl of soup , but seeing as though the hot rock is not available at lunchtime my idea is out of the window for the moment.:)

Yes, the menu is abbreviated at lunchtime. There is no hot rock, no sukiyaki, no tempura.

And also fewer "signature sushi" selections.

I only know that because my favorite item, Crispy Spicy Tuna, isn't available for lunch, much to my disappointment the one time we tried Izumi for lunch on Oasis of the Seas.

And also fewer "signature sushi" selections.

I only know that because my favorite item, Crispy Spicy Tuna, isn't available for lunch, much to my disappointment the one time we tried Izumi for lunch on Oasis of the Seas.

We've learned to ask about availablility of certain items at lunchtime before we get seated because it differs ship to ship.

I was just at Izumi for lunch at the beginning of August on Splendour and those things were all available.

I guess it's another one of those ship to ship variations, because those items were not available for lunch on Legend and Rhapsody.

Another reason to ask before you get seated.

I guess it's another one of those ship to ship variations, because those items were not available for lunch on Legend and Rhapsody.

Another reason to ask before you get seated.

Hi Bob! :)

OMG...I love Izumi at lunch time. Uncrowded and so quiet and relaxing. Add in a bottle of

Sauvignon Blanc...and who cares what the menu is. :p

• 2 weeks later...