HELP! Price Drop-New to RCI

This morning I did a mock booking and saw that there was a price drip for my cabin cat. I have NOT may final payment yet. I booked directly through Royal Caribbean. I've never sailed With RCI before so I'm not sure how this works. Can I get a price reduction? What do I need to do to get a price reduction? Thanks so much!

Teri

This morning I did a mock booking and saw that there was a price drip for my cabin cat. I have NOT may final payment yet. I booked directly through Royal Caribbean. I've never sailed With RCI before so I'm not sure how this works. Can I get a price reduction? What do I need to do to get a price reduction? Thanks so much!

Teri

Contact RCCL and ask them.

This happened to me on the cruise I'm taking next week. I booked directly through RCI and I would periodically call to see if there were any price drops. Literally the day before I needed to make the final payment I called and saved over $1000.

If you booked through RCI (either phone or online) call them directly. If you went through a TA, call them.

Teri

Prior to final payment price reductions will be honored. You have to contact RCI directly and ask to have it applied to your booking - it will not be applied automatically.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Does it matter that the lower price is because of the BOGOHO sale? I don't want to cancel and then rebook. I'm at work so I'm getting my info together before I call.

I just called and got a lower price with the BOGOHO, go ahead and call. You won't have to cancel and re-book. They will honour the lower price and make the change.

I just called and got a lower price with the BOGOHO, go ahead and call. You won't have to cancel and re-book. They will honour the lower price and make the change.

Yeah! I thought I would never see a price drop on this cruise. I'll report back here as soon as I call!:)

I did another mock bookingn this morning and found out that the price dropped again on our upcoming cruise. so I called right away and got another $600 off the price! I'm really starting to love RCI and I haven't even stepped foot on the ship yet!:D

If prices are dropping before final payment they are likely to drop even more afterward. So, be thankful for your drop, but stop looking at the prices after final.:cool:

...unless you're looking for an upgrade. :D

...unless you're looking for an upgrade. :D

Upgrading is not an option for us. We booked our cabin the 1st day this sailing opened up just to make sure we got a corner aft JS. Plus, our friends are in the JS next to us. I was just so excited the see any kind of a price drop as this is a very expensive trip!:)

Not so good if you live in Australia. I looked today and prices have dropped $1000 for the same cabin category for our med cruise. We have not made final payment yet so I rang RCI and asked if they would honour the price drop. The answer was no. We are still 93 days from sailing but they said we would have to cancel and rebook. The kicker is we would lose our $1600 deposit.

I guess the same rules don't apply across the water :(

I'll stop looking at prices now and continue to get excited about our big trip.

Not so good if you live in Australia. I looked today and prices have dropped $1000 for the same cabin category for our med cruise. We have not made final payment yet so I rang RCI and asked if they would honour the price drop. The answer was no. We are still 93 days from sailing but they said we would have to cancel and rebook. The kicker is we would lose our $1600 deposit.

I guess the same rules don't apply across the water :(

I'll stop looking at prices now and continue to get excited about our big trip.

That just bites! Sorry it's different for you. Enjoy your cruise anyway!