Beer on Classic Package

Chooz2Cruz

Is it true that the only Beer on the Classic package is Bud and Miller? If so, I think everyone should start emailing complaints to X that this is unacceptable! Any and all real beer drinkers should have more choice than that. They need to at least up the max price a little to cover a few more.

Is it true that the only Beer on the Classic package is Bud and Miller? If so, I think everyone should start emailing complaints to X that this is unacceptable! Any and all real beer drinkers should have more choice than that. They need to at least up the max price a little to cover a few more.

Where did you read/hear that? Not true.....I did a search and came

up with this:

Classic Package

Beers

Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Franziskaner, Strongbow, San Miguel, Tiger, Estrella Damm Lager, Heineken Light, Heineken, Leffe, Corona, Corona Light

Alaska- Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Brewing Pale Ale, Alaskan Brewing IPA

UK - John Smith's Extra Smooth, Marston's Pedigree Ale

It looks like you have 19 choices...hopefully one of those will be

pleasing to your pallet.

Hi Lois, did you perform your search directly on the Celebrity website or from here on cruise critic?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Hi Lois, did you perform your search directly on the Celebrity website or from here on cruise critic?

Hi:)..nope, The "Celebrity Offical" who posts on here put a link on

here for us....I did a search and found their link.......

Click on this link and go down to post #3.......there are 2 links in it.

One is for the Premium and one is for the Classic. You can see the

names of the items listed for each package.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2076661&highlight=celebrity+official

Sorry, I got the info from a current post about upgrading packages. X use to have a listing of all covered drinks listed on the website, but no longer does.

Click on the link I just posted......the premium and classic items are

listed.

Lois - thanks for being so organized and on top of things. ;)

Hi Walter, I am really not:eek:....I just remember how many threads

have been posted about it lately and the search feature really does

work;).......but thank you.:)

Edit: Thanks for that link above, it appeared while I was searching like crazy, LOL! Anyway, it looks like that has what I assume is the latest info.

Old: I've been wondering about this also, I thought I saw somewhere in this forum where the beer prices have gone up and that excluded a lot of the beers that are in the list above from the classic package.

Edited by rmalbers

The link from the "Celebrity Official" is only 3 months old......they posted

it in May 2014.....I would guess it is current. But of course if something

changed between then and now?:confused: We would have no way of knowing.

Oh...it says the prices are from May 28th, 2014......so I guess it is quite current!

Edited by Lois R

Yes it seems that many went up to $6.50 and $7.

BTW, I am not concerned for myself, I gifted a cruise for my son and his fiance as an engagement present, and thought at the time, back in December when I booked the cruise, that more of the beer would be included, now I feel I must upgrade the package so he can enjoy!

Edited by Chooz2Cruz

This is what I read from a post a few days ago. Sorry, I don't know how to do the link thing, so I am copy and pasting.

July 30th, 2014, 04:43 PM

SteveinPhilly

Cool Cruiser

Someone on our roll call just posted this:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/2014...cruise-drinks/

I notice the two Mexican beers, Corona and Dos Equis are now priced above the $6 classic drink package limit. We'll have to upgrade to enjoy them.

If I read the list it now means only Miller and Bud (and their light versions are included, right?)

July 30th, 2014, 05:43 PM

SteveinPhilly

Cool Cruiser

I just got off the phone with Captain's Club rep re: Classic Pkg

She confirmed that they did make changes and probably will again. They added more covered cocktails but she confirmed that only beer covered is Miller and Bud. The reason given was that the cost to Celebrity to buy the products had gone up, (Of couse I can't believe that all the ships in Europe can buy Bud and Miller cheaper than the European beers.)

She also confirmed that there is no X websitre that lists what is included.

The wine list was trimmed too. She said they are monitoring customer feedback so I plan to send an email stating that I'm dissapointed that only 2 beer brands are covered (and if you choose say "Heineken" or "Dos Equs" you have to pay $7.00 (Plus 15%) even if you have the classic package.

Others that feel this was a bad move on X's part may want to do the same.

Steve

Hi....I am only going by what the person who represents Celebrity

posted on here. I have no idea if the folks gave out the wrong

information to the guy on the phone or if what was posted on here

is wrong.

You know, I think I'm going to call up Celebrity tomorrow and see if I can get an answer, maybe I'll call more that once to see if I get the same answer, LOL! It's just stupid that there is no way to tell what you are buying when you buy the Classic package, it's really kind of amazing when you think about it. It really kind of borders on something that doesn't sound like it should be legal, it could be considered, bait and switch.

You know, I think I'm going to call up Celebrity tomorrow and see if I can get an answer, maybe I'll call more that once to see if I get the same answer, LOL! It's just stupid that there is no way to tell what you are buying when you buy the Classic package, it's really kind of amazing when you think about it. It really kind of borders on something that doesn't sound like it should be legal, it could be considered, bait and switch.

Yes, I totally agree. You book a cruise, select beverage package because you think it will cover the drinks you want, and then they change the game. If they raise the prices of the beers, than they need to raise the max limit, too. (which I know they did by $1, but the beers went up more). I booked in December for my son's cruise, and last August for mine, can't we get grandfathered in somehow? (I know that would be quite difficult as the bartenders would not be able to keep track.)

I guess we all look at things differently:)....I don't think it has anything

to do with being illegal or bait and switch. (Just my opinion). I just think

whoever the higher ups are who are pricing the stuff? Somehow by the

time it gets down to customer service? The information is not printed

so it can be read the same way for everyone:rolleyes:...remember the old game

when you were a kid called "Operator'.....you whispered information to

the person next to you and by the time it reached the last person it

got all mixed up:eek:........

They need to just get their act together, I do agree with that and

prices for products need to listed/given out the same for everyone.

Celebrity has offered the 1-2-3 Classic in its ads for various 2015 cruises. Before May 2014, included Classic beer and alcohol brands were depicted on the website. In May, while we were on-board the Summit we were shocked when we were denied the brands that were still on the Celebrity website. The Classic brands offered on-board were not comparable - nasty tasting. If Celebrity upcharges between booking and sailing apparently there is no alternative but paying more for the Premium package because Celebrity is not going to commit to what it offers when we booked.

Edited by Bery
Grammar error

They have offered the drinks package as part of their perks. The contents of the drinks package is not guaranteed, just the receiving of a drinks package. Not being able to find a beer you enjoy within that package is not celebrities responsibility. They are providing what they offered as a perk. The package is free, so if you feel you need to upgrade, then is 11.50 a day really that high a price for drinks for the duration of your cruise? FYI This is just my opinion.

Yes, but in my case I had/have a choice of 'perks', either $300 onboard ship credit or the classic drink package. I picked the drink package based on what I 'thought' I was going to get. Because the 'value' of it to me has now changed, I think I might try to switch to the onboard credit. Of course, I still don't know for sure what is in the classic package, LOL! I guess it could change again, even when I'm on the ship, LOL!

They have offered the drinks package as part of their perks. The contents of the drinks package is not guaranteed, just the receiving of a drinks package. Not being able to find a beer you enjoy within that package is not celebrities responsibility. They are providing what they offered as a perk. The package is free, so if you feel you need to upgrade, then is 11.50 a day really that high a price for drinks for the duration of your cruise? FYI This is just my opinion.

Hi,

I don't agree with you. Celebrity are not giving you the drinks package for free!! It is all costed within the overall cost of the cruise.

You are being given the option to choose between different perks. If the latest drinks package now excludes drinks that were previously included, I would have opted for the on board credit. In the past there were always a good range of beers but if only Bud & Coors fall within the package then the packages is very poor. Are they trying to get people to upgrade on board?

Jim