New Zuiderdam Deck Plans

frankc98376

The new deck plans showing dry dock revisions on Zuiderdam are online now.

Shows that they are adding a lot of doors to create adjoining staterooms on several decks, new VB staterooms on deck 10 behind the Crows Nest , and Retreat area with cabanas on deck 11. Looks like they are not adding cabanas to lido area or changing the aft to be more like Noordam.

There are notes on each affected deck outlining what will take effect on April 14, 2014.

Hopefully they will leave the Lido area alone- it is usually crowded enough without the cabanas on one side.

Edited by frankc98376

Do you have a link to the website about the revisions to the Zuiderdam?

We will be sailing on her to the Canal in November and since it's our first time with HAL it might be nice to see some photos.

Thanks.........Peg

Do you have a link to the website about the revisions to the Zuiderdam?

We will be sailing on her to the Canal in November and since it's our first time with HAL it might be nice to see some photos.

Thanks.........Peg

Revisions won't happen until next March in dry dock. Changes are on the HAL website deck plans

With the help of this thread, I now know that I booked the cruise right before the dry-dock. Was that a mistake as in poor service etc> Thanks,

Bob from Texas

We are also booked on the T/A just before dry dock. I'd really be more concerned about the first cruise AFTER dry dock. Sometimes those are a real challenge. If anything we may see more shop specials, special events (food type) as they try to get through the inventory on board.

We are also booked on the T/A just before dry dock. I'd really be more concerned about the first cruise AFTER dry dock. Sometimes those are a real challenge. If anything we may see more shop specials, special events (food type) as they try to get through the inventory on board.

I agree. I was on the cruise after the drydock on the westy. I have a lot of work deadlines so that dictates when i can cruise. That said, I'd be hard pressed to do a post dry dock cruise again.

With the help of this thread, I now know that I booked the cruise right before the dry-dock. Was that a mistake as in poor service etc> Thanks,

Bob from Texas

FWIW, we were booked on the Oosterdam on the cruise just before its last dry dock in December 2012. The only thing we noticed was some staging of materials on the outside decks on the day before we disembarked in Sydney. We did not detect any shortcuts or decline in service.

It looks as if the Zuiderdam is following the Noordam's plan.

Lots of additional revenue - that should make Seattle happy.

More pax makes it trickier for the Dining Room, for one, to handle. We felt the Lido was very crowded for breakfast and lunch and the Crows Nest was absolutely crawling with pax for Happy Hour. I guess this is the norm now for HAL.

Thanks for the replies re prior to dry dock, will keep the booking and look forward to the cruise.

Bob from Texas

I happened to book the cruise just before dry dock on Carnival Miracle. Other than running out of a few wines in their wine package (the Maitre d' substituted even better wines than what had been in the package), there was no disadvantage. In fact: there was one advantage. I booked the Behind the Scenes tour and was able to see, in addition to the regular features on the tour, the pre-dry dock preparations being made below the passenger decks. This was quite interesting. So, if the Behind the Scenes tour is available on your sailing, I would suggest you consider booking that. If, of course, one is interested in such a thing.