Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I think somebody else suggested this. Apply some, check your balance, then apply more if needed. If not save for the next cruise!

;0)

This is what we do;) I just apply $50.00 or $100.00 at a time after an initial amout I put down as soon as we get on. The past couple of cruises we had less then $10.00 left and just went to guest services the night before we get off and they just gave us cash back.

I know about this program and was going to purchase some for the cost of our cruise in April but read that we cannot use them if we use a travel agent. Do you all always book right through CCL website? The price is the same as I was quoted through the TA. Thanks!

All his information is very helpful but the issue I have is that our final payment for our cruise is due next Friday which is the same day as our pay day so we can't buy the egift cards until then. I was reading other posts that it take 24 hours to activate. Also worried about them being sold out also and then being charged like I am reading that has happened too a few people and then I can't pay my finally payment. I would really like to save $100 but I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All his information is very helpful but the issue I have is that our final payment for our cruise is due next Friday which is the same day as our pay day so we can't buy the egift cards until then. I was reading other posts that it take 24 hours to activate. Also worried about them being sold out also and then being charged like I am reading that has happened too a few people and then I can't pay my finally payment. I would really like to save $100 but I don't know if it's worth the risk.

I bought some egift cards and used them within ten minutes. You should be okay. I don't think them selling out is an issue any more. I have bought 4 different batches without incident. In fact, it has been expanded to include 500 dollar egift certificates.

Edited by n6uqqq

I bought some egift cards and used them within ten minutes. You should be okay. I don't think them selling out is an issue any more. I have bought 4 different batches without incident. In fact, it has been expanded to include 500 dollar egift certificates.

Who long ago did u do this?? I was gonna buy two $500

I know about this program and was going to purchase some for the cost of our cruise in April but read that we cannot use them if we use a travel agent. Do you all always book right through CCL website? The price is the same as I was quoted through the TA. Thanks!

I bought one yesterday and just forwarded the email to my travel agent. She had no problem applying the egift card.

Who long ago did u do this?? I was gonna buy two $500

I bought 19 of the one hundred dollar ones 3 days ago before they had the 500 dollar ones. I would recommend the 500 dollar ones because I had to enter the codes 19 times. I was unable to find a way to enter multiple codes at the same time. In total I have bought 34 certificates and paid off my cruise, saving 340 dollars in the process :D!

Has anyone used these for their initial deposit? Thank you.

Yes, I did that just that yesterday. Actually, my PVP is awesome. I called to book a cruise a week ago. When I told him I was waiting for my Barclay credit card to arrive so I could get double points, he said to book and use my current credit card (it was the last day for early saver rates) and when the Barclay arrived call him back and he would charge the new card and credit the old one. So I booked, and when my new card arrived, I bought the eCards from Verizon, which earned me double points and then called my PVP and he applied them to my booking as my initial deposit and then credited the original credit card!! Saved me $240 by using the eCards and earned me $48 worth of Barclay points. When I pay off the cruise with eCards I'll save another $490 by using the eCards and earn $98 worth of points for a total savings of $876 -- just by the payment method!! Also, the total cost of our cruise went up $120 once the early saver rates went away so I can sort of add $120 for a total savings of $996.

Just an FYI, I did notice when purchasing the eCards there is a short grace period to return them. So if they didn't work for some reason, I knew I could return them. Also, make sure you purchase the eCards and not the certificates -- I believe the certificates have more limitations!

Thanks, again, to the OP for turning us on to the Verizon Smart rewards and thanks to another poster I got the Barclay Arrival card for double points on ALL purchases throughout the year!!

Yes, I did that just that yesterday. Actually, my PVP is awesome. I called to book a cruise a week ago. When I told him I was waiting for my Barclay credit card to arrive so I could get double points, he said to book and use my current credit card (it was the last day for early saver rates) and when the Barclay arrived call him back and he would charge the new card and credit the old one. So I booked, and when my new card arrived, I bought the eCards from Verizon, which earned me double points and then called my PVP and he applied them to my booking as my initial deposit and then credited the original credit card!! Saved me $240 by using the eCards and earned me $48 worth of Barclay points. When I pay off the cruise with eCards I'll save another $490 by using the eCards and earn $98 worth of points for a total savings of $876 -- just by the payment method!! Also, the total cost of our cruise went up $120 once the early saver rates went away so I can sort of add $120 for a total savings of $996.

Just an FYI, I did notice when purchasing the eCards there is a short grace period to return them. So if they didn't work for some reason, I knew I could return them. Also, make sure you purchase the eCards and not the certificates -- I believe the certificates have more limitations!

Thanks, again, to the OP for turning us on to the Verizon Smart rewards and thanks to another poster I got the Barclay Arrival card for double points on ALL purchases throughout the year!!

Awesome! Thank you so much! They have Royal Caribbean cards too. I wonder if those work. We are debating which cruise to take. One is Carnival, one is Royal Caribbean.

Awesome! Thank you so much! They have Royal Caribbean cards too. I wonder if those work. We are debating which cruise to take. One is Carnival, one is Royal Caribbean.

My other card is a Royal Caribbean and I currently have 44,000 points (which equals $440 in OBC) but since I am going on a Carnival cruise they are no good to me this time. I changed to Barclay because you get double points so I would have $880 but most importantly, it can be used on ANY travel - any cruise line, hotels, airfare, car rentals, etc. So combined with the Verizon discount you really can save tons!

My other card is a Royal Caribbean and I currently have 44,000 points (which equals $440 in OBC) but since I am going on a Carnival cruise they are no good to me this time. I changed to Barclay because you get double points so I would have $880 but most importantly, it can be used on ANY travel - any cruise line, hotels, airfare, car rentals, etc. So combined with the Verizon discount you really can save tons!

I checked them out and the RC ones are certificates, not cards so they cannot be used through a TA but I can just book through RC online and use them. :)

I checked them out and the RC ones are certificates, not cards so they cannot be used through a TA but I can just book through RC online and use them. :)

Are you sure? Bc it says in fine print on the RC ones that they can't be used on cruises that are already booked. Only for new bookings. I used the carnival ones with no problem but I didn't buy this RC one. Anyone actually used the RC ones to pay on a cruise already booked??

Are you sure? Bc it says in fine print on the RC ones that they can't be used on cruises that are already booked. Only for new bookings. I used the carnival ones with no problem but I didn't buy this RC one. Anyone actually used the RC ones to pay on a cruise already booked??

Oh, I have not booked the cruise yet. This would be for the deposit.

We bought 43 of them, one initially as a test and the others after the first one went through. We have 6 people traveling so we paid for the cruises in full at once. However, after purchasing one, then trying to buy the others in bulk it freaked out the system and after three days between Carnival, B of A and Verizon we were able to get it worked out. They just basically voided the old gc's and replaced them with new ones. This was before the $500 cards were an option. Just a word to the wise, if youre planning on buying a large amound, buy slowly. And yes, they all had to be entered one by one. My PVP is great, so I forwarded him half and I did the others and between us we were able to knock them out quicker. He can enter muliptle at once.

We are planning on buying more for OBC but will wait until a bit closer to our cruise date in november.

We saved $430 doing it this way!

I just bought them and payed off our cruise. So if I want to buy more can my PVP add them and they will show up as onboard credit? Then can I use that onboard credit for tips and the cheers thing?

No, you cannot add them as OBC prior to sailing. But you can bring them with you and have them applied as OBC at guest services once you are on the ship. That's what we did on the Dream 08/24. Applied 10 $100 e cards that took care of our Cheers package, gratuities for 4 and had a little extra for arcade for the kids!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app