Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

No, you cannot add them as OBC prior to sailing. But you can bring them with you and have them applied as OBC at guest services once you are on the ship. That's what we did on the Dream 08/24. Applied 10 $100 e cards that took care of our Cheers package, gratuities for 4 and had a little extra for arcade for the kids!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What if I am purchasing an excursion...can they be used precruise for purchase? I have paid off the cruise with the gift cards and saved a pretty penny.

I would love to do that for the dive excursions as well. :D

What if I am purchasing an excursion...can they be used precruise for purchase? I have paid off the cruise with the gift cards and saved a pretty penny.

I would love to do that for the dive excursions as well. :D

Guess I answered my own question. Did a mock booking for an excursion and it gave me the option to use a gift card. Excellent!

Was this carnival or RC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival. RC only has gift certificates not ecards.... Ty are different.... Those are mailed to ur address the ecards are emailed in minutes

Just bought $200s worth. :D

Now I have $200 + $500 from the June promo, the $20 + $50 bonus cards from that offer, and another $200 from Verizon. So, basically, $90 in "free" money.

I really don't like to prepay for things, but when I can get a benefit, why not? it's not like my money's earning any interest sitting in my account, right? ;)

I have final payment this week for 11/1 cruise, then final payment a month later for the 11/29 cruise. And another year before the balance is due on the Bermuda cruise. By the time that's due, I should have earned enough credit card points to redeem for additional cash.

I missed out on the June special, because I did not hear about it. How was this announced? Also, I believe that I read on one of the post that when the charge is posted it is not showing as a Carnival purchase, but a Verizon payment. I have the Carnvial Mastercard and get 2x the points for Carnival Charges.

After you purchase how soon are e-cards available for use? Immediately need ours this week.

Get it via email immediately.I just saw this tip and going on a cruise tomorrow,so I just purchased it.very simple to do.

I missed out on the June special, because I did not hear about it. How was this announced? Also, I believe that I read on one of the post that when the charge is posted it is not showing as a Carnival purchase, but a Verizon payment. I have the Carnvial Mastercard and get 2x the points for Carnival Charges.

You are correct it will be billed as Verizon Smart Rewards, but hey it does save some money. I purchased 10 of them for my upcoming cruise to cover Cheers, Steakhouse and gratuities and that should leave $150 left over for whatever. I saved $100 doing it.

You would surely give up the extra 1 % Carnival points to get 10% off a gift card for a net savings of 9% would you not?

You would surely give up the extra 1 % Carnival points to get 10% off a gift card for a net savings of 9% would you not?

This is true, but then I can't use my points from Carnival to get my statement credit. The Carnival card also has a promotion if you use your points they will give you 10% of your points back to you.

This is true, but then I can't use my points from Carnival to get my statement credit. The Carnival card also has a promotion if you use your points they will give you 10% of your points back to you.

The 10 % of your points that you get from your Carnival statement and the 10 % off from Verizon are two different animals. Doing a hypothetical cruise for 3000 dollars as an example will show the difference. If you use your Carnival card to buy the 3000 dollars through Verizon ( if you have enough points available with Verizon rewards) you will get 10 percent off the order plus 1 percent from your credit card for 11 percent off which would be $330 dollar savings.

Now if you bought the cruise with Your Carnival card directly through Carnival your savings would be 3000 dollars X 2 points per dollar which is 6000 points or 60 dollars cash back. Then you add the 10% bonus on the points which is 300 points or 3 more dollars back for a total of 63 dollars for using your Carnival card to buy the cruise from Carnival directly.

So it comes to 330 dollars savings using the Verizon gift cards vs 63 dollars using the card to buy from Carnival directly. So the better way is with the Verizon deal!

Just bought an e-card! I had already bought enough to pay off our 2 upcoming cruises (from the Fathers Day Promo) with a few hundred left to put towards our onboard account.

But i have been reading these posts for days and just decided to see how it worked out.

Got the e-card with-in seconds of ordering!! I also priced cruises using Verizon points...there are savings there as well.....

Just bought an e-card! I had already bought enough to pay off our 2 upcoming cruises (from the Fathers Day Promo) with a few hundred left to put towards our onboard account.

But i have been reading these posts for days and just decided to see how it worked out.

Got the e-card with-in seconds of ordering!! I also priced cruises using Verizon points...there are savings there as well.....

I never heard abut the Fathers Day Promo until it was over. How did you find out about it?

I bought a few of these to use on my cruise last week. Was able to call carnival and prepay my gratuities with one and used the kiosk on the ship to apply the others to my sail and sign account. It's great that I didn't have to wait in the guest services line to use them. I had a little bit left over and will use that on my next cruise.

The only reason I found out about that one was here on these boards. It was a Father's Day promotion. I even emailed them and asked why they hadn't done this for Mother's Day (you know, since I'm a single mom and didn't receive an email about the Father's Day offer). She said the program was brand new and she agreed with me and hoped they would offer one next May. I hope so, too!

Well, I sat down this weekend and used $315 of the $340 I had left on a Christmas gift card from my employer and bought another $350 worth. That's $350 FREE MONEY to spend on Carnival.

I even got follow-up emails from Carnival yesterday reminding me that I hadn't viewed and/or printed the cards. I printed them this morning at work and they're now stuck in my drawer until I decide what to do with them.

I now have $350 Verizon eCards and my original $500 card I bought in June. I used the $200 card and the two "bonus" cards from that promo ($20 & $50) as payment on my Freedom cruise.

I'll take some combination on the two November cruises (and hope I don't spend them all) and will apply any left over to the Bermuda cruise.

Unless I decide to book a spring cruise and use them then! :D

Has anyone purchased e-gift cards and had their TA apply them as payment on a balance ? Want to make sure before I buy them. Thanks :o

I purchased $500 and my TA could not use them via Goccl.com but he called in and had them applied as my deposit.

My friend then purchased $500 and forwarded to the same TA. He has been fighting with Carnival for three days now. Nobody can seem to apply them and CCL is quoting what is printed on the email that gives you the e-certificate number and PIN.

He have them my booking with my permission and showed them mine had been applied and was told they do not know how that could have happened.

He is still trying for her but....very strange!!

TA's have a drop down menu and one of the selections is "Carnival Gift Card."

Your TA probably doesn't see this drop down box.

I've applied hundreds (literally) in the past few weeks since this thread started, but I admit it took me awhile to figure out how.

TA's have a drop down menu and one of the selections is "Carnival Gift Card."

Your TA probably doesn't see this drop down box.

I've applied hundreds (literally) in the past few weeks since this thread started, but I admit it took me awhile to figure out how.

Thanks so much Beachgal for responding to me.

I am pretty sure he told me he tried the "Carnival Gift Card" option on the website but I will send him this info just in case!

I used $1000 for onboard credit in August on the Dream and was planning on paying off next year's Pride sailing off this way. Maybe I still can!

Thanks again!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app