Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Lol. I wouldn't worry about it. After I tried to use it and it came up invalid, I checked the number myself on the carnivalgiftcards dot com site and it also said invalid. Had I checked it beforehand, I would have known and gotten it fixed first. So just check your gift card balance before you leave.

I can tell you that any issues with these cards have to be fixed through the rewards program. There have been very few from what I've seen for the volume they have sold. I have purchased so many!! I have a thick folder of e receipts and only one glitch, which was fixed.

Thanks cruizin. I will check all my balances some time tomorrow (have to dig the "Carnival" stack out I got going on my desk and separate everything to find them all (have regular gift cards too). LOL Thanks for the info and the website to check. :)

I just read this (below) on the Carnival gift card site and I know several have ask (including myself) about what they do with the remaining money on the sail card that's not used. I know many have posted that they just go down to customer service and they end up getting money back for the unused portion.

Q: Can I receive a refund on any unused portion of the Carnival Gift Card amount that was applied towards my Sail and Sign account while onboard?

A: Any unused portion or overage of the Gift Card that was applied toward your Sail and Sign account will be issued in the form of another Carnival Gift Card.

I just bought the Carnival Gift Cards, not the E-Gift Cards. Does anyone know how long they take to come in the mail? I was hoping to be able to pay off my balance with these, but don't want to end up with way too many if they take too long coming in the mail. My final payment is due in 12 days.

Hi all. Mark me down as waiting too lol. This is the longest thread on here so I'm going to mark and watch as well as constantly check Verizon.

Looks like they came back on the 1st this month according to when posters noticed. Is that normal (to reload on the 1st)? Or was that a coincidence?

Here's an off-beat question and I think I know the answer but its worth a shot (please don't flame). Lets say I am paid in full already. Is it possible to refund to CC and repay with gift cards? We booked through Carnival and its for 5-16-15. I figure I'm SOL, but that's okay. Purely a hypothetical question anyways since I don't even have any GCs yet. But I know now and will try for my S&S OB funds and for sure will stalk Verizon for future cruises.

I hope this deal sticks around. I am kicking myself for not knowing. 10% is huge. Thanks all!!:)

Hi all. Mark me down as waiting too lol. This is the longest thread on here so I'm going to mark and watch as well as constantly check Verizon.

Looks like they came back on the 1st this month according to when posters noticed. Is that normal (to reload on the 1st)? Or was that a coincidence?

Here's an off-beat question and I think I know the answer but its worth a shot (please don't flame). Lets say I am paid in full already. Is it possible to refund to CC and repay with gift cards? We booked through Carnival and its for 5-16-15. I figure I'm SOL, but that's okay. Purely a hypothetical question anyways since I don't even have any GCs yet. But I know now and will try for my S&S OB funds and for sure will stalk Verizon for future cruises.

I hope this deal sticks around. I am kicking myself for not knowing. 10% is huge. Thanks all!!:)

I would say yes you could do that. I had my 1000 dollar deposit returned after i had paid the cruise off in full. I then paid the 1000 with the verizon egift cards. I did this before final payment was due though. I ended up paying the entire 3500 dollar fare with the verizon cards and saved 350 dollars!

Edited by n6uqqq

I emailed carnival directly to ask how the procedure was if you already paid in full and then have gift cards. This is what they replied:

Guests are able to apply gift cards on the reservation. Once you have them we will need to refund the payment posted and apply gift cards.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Edited by buzz2400

I emailed carnival directly to ask how the procedure was if you already paid in full and then have gift cards. This is what they replied:

Guests are able to apply gift cards on the reservation. Once you have them we will need to refund the payment posted and apply gift cards.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Wow that is great information buzz2400

I just checked again still SOLD OUT on the Carnival E-Cards as of 03-09-15

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Yvonne,

I have been checking daily (several times a day) since March 5 and no dice.

Hopefully it will restock at some point prior to May 16 :D

I will be ready to buy the minute someone posts on here that they found more available. I think now that the word has spread they go like wild fire.

I've checked a few threads and this seems to be the longest stretch of being sold out yet. Best I can tell, they've been gone since 1/22/15.

Has anyone experienced or read of others finding them in stock since 1/22?

Sigh- oh well. I'm still stoked just to be blessed enough to be going on a cruise period.

edit- nope, I see something on 3/1/15 but it was for only one day. Unless I'm reading that wrong.

Edited by steve_lisa_ohio

I've checked a few threads and this seems to be the longest stretch of being sold out yet. Best I can tell, they've been gone since 1/22/15.

Sigh- oh well. I'm still stoked just to be blessed enough to be going on a cruise period.

edit- nope, I see something on 3/1/15 but it was for only one day. Unless I'm reading that wrong.

The longest stretch was about 5 weeks. They were available just last week by mail for a couple of hours. And then twice between two weeks just before that. Two saturdays ago they were available for about a day and a half. Ughhh!! so frustrating!!

I got mine on 2/28. I think they were available till 3/1 before selling out...so 3 days and they were gone again.

Does anyone know how you would put the gift cards towards your Sail & Sign acct after final payment? Do I wait to do it on the ship? Thanks!

Christina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can have them added to your account at Guest Services or add them yourself at one of the kiosks.