Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

• 2 weeks later...
Never seen them offered this way. Get them while they last

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its pretty awesome, I've never posted on here before but I figured I would share when I saw it. Bought a $500 one and had it within a minute and applied it right to my account.

Never seen them offered this way. Get them while they last

They used to offer them

This way frequently. My friend had trouble applying them to balance payment. I did not.

I grabbed a few for on board spending today but stuck with the physical cards.

Thank you for the heads up on this! I was able to get some this evening. I like the email option too. Don't have to track down the UPS guy or arrange for pickup to sign for them. I can concur on the RCCL certificates as well. Those are a pain to redeem.

Unfortunately we were never able to successfully connect to the site. Would get as far as the cart and things would freeze up.

Thanks for the heads up maybe we can get some next time.

Did you try a different browser or another device?

On another note, It's so strange that these cards are nowhere to be found on AARP. The two sites were in perfect sync with card availability since they are sold from the same vendor, but they are nowhere to found on AARP. Glad I have 3 sources to get them.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

On another note, It's so strange that these cards are nowhere to be found on AARP. The two sites were in perfect sync with card availability since they are sold from the same vendor, but they are nowhere to found on AARP. Glad I have 3 sources to get them.

Not long ago, maybe two or three week ago, AARP offered them quite a few times over a two week period. On one occasion the $100 cards lasted all day and early into the next morning. I don't think Verizon matched those because this thread was pretty quiet during that time. Not sure what's going on.

Yes. We did try alternate browsers as well as another computer. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think we may have been having trouble with our internet connection.

U-verse is not all it's cracked up to be.

Not long ago, maybe two or three week ago, AARP offered them quite a few times over a two week period. On one occasion the $100 cards lasted all day and early into the next morning. I don't think Verizon matched those because this thread was pretty quiet during that time. Not sure what's going on.

I bought 5 of the $100 cards from Verizon and my husband bout 5 of them from AARP 2 or 3 weeks ago. At that time the $500 were sold out on both sites. I just bought 5 of the $500 cards from Verizon, but checked AARP and there were none available. This is the first time I have not seen them both places. I have paid for my last several cruises with these cards. We have 27 days booked so I am looking at the sites every day. When I first started buying them, there was not a limit of 5 cards in a 5 day timeframe.

I just got one from the Verizon rewards! They have $100 and $500 cards available - limit of 2.

Now, here's my question.......how long does it usually take to get the email? Will there be a certificate number or something else we can use to pay on a future booking? Also, should I just apply this card to our balance owed on our January Dream cruise, or should I use them to set up the S&S account? All suggestions and help will be so appreciated.

Unfortunately we were never able to successfully connect to the site. Would get as far as the cart and things would freeze up.

Thanks for the heads up maybe we can get some next time.

Update: decided to go back into the rewards site and try again. Well to my surprise our 2 cards were still in the cart. So after trying a few different things we discovered it did not like our using the 9 digit zip code, which we have used in the past. Once we removed the extra digits the transaction proceeded very quickly.

Thanks again for letting us know.

I just got one from the Verizon rewards! They have $100 and $500 cards available - limit of 2.

Now, here's my question.......how long does it usually take to get the email? Will there be a certificate number or something else we can use to pay on a future booking? Also, should I just apply this card to our balance owed on our January Dream cruise, or should I use them to set up the S&S account? All suggestions and help will be so appreciated.

Apply them to the balance owed on your January Dream cruise and then buy more to use to set up your sail n sign account for tips, Cheers, excursions, etc.

Wow, what a nice bonus that came along with switching to Verizon last month! Didn't know​ anything about it. I did some browsing and found out how to sign up for the rewards program. I logged in and got my 2 $500 cards yesterday evening when the post was 11 minutes old. $100 saved, plus $18 worth of travel miles. Not bad...

From the way I understand it from reading other posts is that they run out of these?

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

From the way I understand it from reading other posts is that they run out of these?.

Yes, through Verizon as well as through AARP, they have a limited amount to sell and the window is relatively short (5 hours or so) many times, but recently has gone on much longer. Through Allstate though, they seem to always be available and you don't even need to be an Allstate customer to accumulate points to redeem. Do a search, there are a few threads.

Thanks for the heads-up everyone! Nabbed 2x $100 cards, and 1x $500 card to pay off my next cruise. Happy to save the $70 in addition to the $100 refund I got from booking it with my AmEx. With the savings I received, we essentially got pre-paid gratuities for free for the 3 of us with that $170. Can't beat that!

I just went on both Allstate and Verizon to purchase the E-Gift cards that is shown available, however, when I proceed to checkout, it only offers me regular mail delivery. Anyone ever see where the E-gift option actually sells out? I want the E-gift cards since we sail in less than 2 weeks. I don't want to chance it not getting here in time.