Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

The first time I bought the AARP cards I got an email and phone call to confirm I actually ordered them. I thought that was odd. Never got anything like that from Verizon. Second time I ordered from AARP I did not need to confirm anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first time I bought the AARP cards I got an email and phone call to confirm I actually ordered them. I thought that was odd. Never got anything like that from Verizon. Second time I ordered from AARP I did not need to confirm anything.
Did the call come from AARP or your credit card company? Someone in one of the AARP threads said their confirmation call came from their credit card company to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge. They were told that fraudulent charges for gift cards were on the rise lately.

Did the call come from AARP or your credit card company? Someone in one of the AARP threads said their confirmation call came from their credit card company to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge. They were told that fraudulent charges for gift cards were on the rise lately.

Our email came from the rewards company that actually handles the gift cards.

DH says Verizon and AARP use the same company for selling the cards.

Did the call come from AARP or your credit card company? Someone in one of the AARP threads said their confirmation call came from their credit card company to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge. They were told fraudulent charges for gift cards were on the rise lately.

My email and call were from "Rewards for Good". not my credit card company.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if there was a problem recently that caused them to start doing this? I have never received a phone call when I've ordered (from Verizon, AARP and Citibank), I just get a confirmation email from the seller.....these days it's not "safe" to answer unknown numbers, it's spam 80% of the time :mad:

I wonder if there was a problem recently that caused them to start doing this? I have never received a phone call when I've ordered (from Verizon, AARP and Citibank), I just get a confirmation email from the seller.....these days it's not "safe" to answer unknown numbers, it's spam 80% of the time :mad:

There's no problem causing this that's recent. There was a security issue with the ecards, which is why they stopped offering them a long time ago. If you were to go through this thread and the other long ones on here about these cards, it's pretty common practice to have your first order verified - especially if it's for the max you can get. I had to call to verify my first order with one or the other. Can't remember. But's it's not unusual at all. I got an email to call customer service. They did not call me.

where on Verizon website do you see them?

You have to be a Verzion Wireless customer, but when you log in to your account the top right of the screen says "Verizon Smart Rewards: XXXX pts." and under that click Redeem Now and it takes you to a store. The gift cards are located under gift cards and "Travel" subsection.

You have to be a Verzion Wireless customer, but when you log in to your account the top right of the screen says "Verizon Smart Rewards: XXXX pts." and under that click Redeem Now and it takes you to a store. The gift cards are located under gift cards and "Travel" subsection.

how about the aarp cards?

i only have verizon fios with the rewards+. i see every other gift except for carnival

how about the aarp cards?

i only have verizon fios with the rewards+. i see every other gift except for carnival

You don't have to be a member for AARP, just Google "aarp rewards for good" and sign up for the program and you should have enough "Welcome" points to buy a few.

Just picked up 9 of the $500 ones (through two separate smart rewards accounts) to pay off the remaining balance of my upcoming cruise. Third straight Carnival cruise I have saved 10% thanks in most part to this thread.