What happened to Paradise Point?

perkyblue

I was so disappointed on my recent trip to Paradise Point! I've been there many times over the years and seen it grow from pretty much just a restaurant on a hill to a place with a little nature trail to a place with great nature trails, animals, and a ferris wheel. Now it's back to just a restaurant? :confused:

I was really looking forward to my kids being able to see the peacocks, goats, rabbits, and other animals along the nature trail, but now the nature trail is completely gone, and the only animals are some birds that you have to pay $20 to get a picture of. (Personal photos are prohibited.) I was very disappointed and won't bother paying for the skyride if the only things up there now are those few shops & a restaurant. I'm so sad that the animals & nature trail are gone. :(

Maybe the shops, bird photos, & extra restaurant space bring in more money from the people who are suckered into paying to go up there, but I for one won't bother going back. I've seen the view, taken the pictures, and have no desire to go back there now that the trails & animals are gone. I'll spend the extra hour or two at Magen's Bay from now on instead!

Is anyone else bothered by this change?

Edited by perkyblue

If on a cruise PP would be our last stop to enjoy the views and a cold drink before returning to the ship. When staying on the island we'd go there in the evening to enjoy a more festive atmosphere. You can drive or taxi up as well as take the aerial tram. We've not been there since it re-opened so we'll just have to try it next visit.

Thanks!

Paradise Point is always changing, so it's hard to tell people from day to day what to expect. The ferris wheel is gone. The sky jump is gone. Animals gone.

They are making changes again, but other than more parking, not sure what will be added.

There were a lot of post on the boards about the bad condition the animals were living in and not being taken care of so it's probably a good idea that they are gone. (Just what I read, not what I experienced myself).

It's still an awesome place to get some wonderful views of the island and the cruise ships in port. The tram is a fun experience for kids too. But other than to go up and grab a drink or bite to eat, it probably wouldn't be too fun for children.

• 5 weeks later...