All inclusive

tfg

Have P&O actually said they are going to trial it? Or is it just one of those rumours that circulates and then is taken as truth? I know it's been mentioned on the P&O Facebook page but the company has not given any answer as to if it really is going to be trialled.

Have P&O actually said they are going to trial it? Or is it just one of those rumours that circulates and then is taken as truth? I know it's been mentioned on the P&O Facebook page but the company has not given any answer as to if it really is going to be trialled.

Agreed, it can't be trialled without anyone knowing about it!

Agreed, it can't be trialled without anyone knowing about it!

Yes just because someone on Facebook says it is going to happen does not mean it is going to happen

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Could be set in soap.

My original post (see below) and source wasn't Facebook it was another cruise forum who had been told in a webinar by P&O it would be available on a ship next month. They have been a very reliable source of information in the past and they will have egg on their faces if they made it up.

Edited by CCFC

My original post (see below) and source wasn't Facebook it was another cruise forum who had been told in a webinar by P&O it would be available on a ship next month. They have been a very reliable source of information in the past and they will have egg on their faces if they made it up.

Actually, if I remember correctly, when they had the trial of selling D/F on Ventura for consumption in your cabin it just happened, no fanfair. However I would have thought that the people on that first cruise with the drinks package would need some sort of pre information.

If it is happening it may be that its targeted to a certain amount of cabins rather than the whole ship until they gauge its popularity and net cost.

For example they may choose 100 cabins that get invites on embarkation day, those would be a mixture of full and saver fares, balcony and inside cabins, different age ranges, solos, families, couples etc they probably want to dip a careful toe in the water and analyse the cost and any loss in revenue to them before making a decision.

If it is happening it may be that its targeted to a certain amount of cabins rather than the whole ship until they gauge its popularity and net cost.

For example they may choose 100 cabins that get invites on embarkation day, those would be a mixture of full and saver fares, balcony and inside cabins, different age ranges, solos, families, couples etc they probably want to dip a careful toe in the water and analyse the cost and any loss in revenue to them before making a decision.

Yes, I can see that working. There would be hell to pay, only some of the ship getting the deal.

I think not.

Yes, I can see that working. There would be hell to pay, only some of the ship getting the deal.

I think not.

Most new initiatives are rolled out on a selective trial basis, its common business sense. Flip your argument over - offer it to everyone and run out of booze that people have paid for or not have the logistics in place to service all the extra drink orders. How much hell to pay would there be then?

Most new initiatives are rolled out on a selective trial basis, its common business sense. Flip your argument over - offer it to everyone and run out of booze that people have paid for or not have the logistics in place to service all the extra drink orders. How much hell to pay would there be then?

I don't see a trial being effective unless it is for the whole of a ship. Imagine freedom dining with some diners getting their glass topped up and other buying by the glass.

P&O wouldn't mind upsetting a few passengers to make sure they got the logistics of the project right. I can give many examples but look at when T5 opened, it was opened to everyone on day 1 and was a complete disaster. This month the new T2 opens at LHR with a staged opening over many months. We've been used as guinea pigs on a cruise before, it's not unheard of.

I don't see a trial being effective unless it is for the whole of a ship. Imagine freedom dining with some diners getting their glass topped up and other buying by the glass.

I imagine the data could be stored on your cruise card, in that way everyone presents their card and those on the AI package don't get charged.

This would also work if P&O offer an option for you to pay for AI or not.

I imagine the data could be stored on your cruise card, in that way everyone presents their card and those on the AI package don't get charged.

This would also work if P&O offer an option for you to pay for AI or not.

Yeah you are right. AI would still sign for their drinks so anyone sat next to them would be non the wiser.

When Princess started their all-inclusive drinks package it was back in March and only a few select ships, there was no fanfare and it wasn't advertised, people on the ship posted to the Princess forum, that's how it became known.

This contrasts with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity X who have recently announced all-inclusive drinks packages for 2015 sailings and is being well promoted by travel agents.

Maybe they are still thinking of a price and policy, I cant see it only being available to some passengers, who knows!

Yeah you are right. AI would still sign for their drinks so anyone sat next to them would be non the wiser.

Just to add that when you have the drinks package on Celebrity you just hand your card over and it is swiped at the till and handed back. There is nothing to sign.

Apart from the fact that people talk to each other. Are you saying that cruisers on a deal for their drinks are not going to talk to other people. You must be joking.

Exactly Dia they cannot wait to discuss who got he best deal (cheapest) so can you imagine if the were offered AI it would be shouted from the tree's if they were any.

It would suit me fine AI because I like to know what I am spending so I can save for it before going away but wont stop me cruising if they don't do it

Apart from the fact that people talk to each other. Are you saying that cruisers on a deal for their drinks are not going to talk to other people. You must be joking.

Yes and they would say "I was invited to take part in an all inclusive drinks package on this cruise, it entitles me to XYZ drinks for XYZ pounds and on the last day I had in a survey of how I felt it went and if I would use it again, P&O are testing the package and needed some volunteers before they decide to roll it out or not."

Are you then saying the rest of the ship would be up in arms and on the phone to David Dingle?

We have cruised for free before, yes absolutely free, not a penny and when we have told our dining companions they were mature enough not to throw their toys out of the pram, though it sounds like you might?

Edited by richleeds
typo