Purchasing drinks package...where on ship?

janecambridge

We are interested in the wine packages, do we purchase these at the same table, or is it possible to buy them online beforehand so as not to have the hassle?

You can purchase ahead. The option is under gifts and services on the Princess website. The packages are lower on the page. :)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

We are interested in the wine packages, do we purchase these at the same table, or is it possible to buy them online beforehand so as not to have the hassle?

You can purchase ahead. The option is under gifts and services on the Princess website. The packages are lower on the page. :)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

I do not see any wine package on that link.

Wavelet.i did do this but realised as we were being charged in pounds, we were paying £256 per package which equates to about $61 a day.so per cabin per day they were making $10 per day..we cancelled and will buy with dollars on embarkation.but thank you for the reply.:)

I stand corrected-I didn't think about the currency difference. We are from the US so we paid in $$ and it was ~$56 pp/pd. Thanks for the info.

I do not see any wine package on that link.

So sorry about that. My mistake. ;)

1.) Silver Tier (any bottle of wine up to and including $29 in retail value)

2.) Gold Tier (any bottle of wine up to and including $45 in retail value)

Silver Tier:

7 Pack - $161

10 Pack - $210

12 Pack - $240

Gold Tier:

7 Pack - $217

10 Pack - $290

12 Pack - $336

This pricing is from last year so it may be a bit more.

Edited by janetz

If I understand correctly, you are saying that all shop purchases and photo purchases and spa merchandise purchases will cost 22% more the entire cruise if the cruise starts in Rome or Venice?

If all of the port stops are in the EU VAT area then Yes. 1 stop outside the EU (e.g. Gibraltar, Canary Islands, Turkey) = no VAT outside territorial waters.

Edited by SteveH2508

So sorry about that. My mistake. ;)

1.) Silver Tier (any bottle of wine up to and including $29 in retail value)

2.) Gold Tier (any bottle of wine up to and including $45 in retail value)

Silver Tier:

7 Pack - $161

10 Pack - $210

12 Pack - $240

Gold Tier:

7 Pack - $217

10 Pack - $290

12 Pack - $336

This pricing is from last year so it may be a bit more.

So I guess we have to purchase these packages when we get on board, is that in the same place as where the other packages are being sold?

So we purchased the 'all-inclusive' alcohol drink package for our upcoming Emerald cruise. I think it was like $56 per person/per day. Is there a limit to the number of drinks you can get per day?

So we purchased the 'all-inclusive' alcohol drink package for our upcoming Emerald cruise. I think it was like $56 per person/per day. Is there a limit to the number of drinks you can get per day?

No.Just those under $10 are free.speciality coffees and teas and cocktails,etc are part of it.Also a 40% discount on wines under $100 a bottle.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that all shop purchases and photo purchases and spa merchandise purchases will cost 22% more the entire cruise if the cruise starts in Rome or Venice?

That is correct, most cruise lines will include a visit to a port which is not in the European Community like a 1/2 day stop in Gibraltar which is "tax free" thus avoids paying tax to the departure country all together.

Thanks for the info, although don't understand why we can't prepurchase it through princess, as you can the all-inclusive package. I like my charges up front.

Whether or not it will be offered on your cruise may depend on wine inventory when you board. This cannot be known in advance to allow the pre-cruise purchase.

So I guess we have to purchase these packages when we get on board, is that in the same place as where the other packages are being sold?

You can purchase the wine package in the dining room at dinner time. You may have to ask several of the staff to find one who knows what you are asking about.

No.Just those under $10 are free.speciality coffees and teas and cocktails,etc are part of it.Also a 40% discount on wines under $100 a bottle.

So with the all inclusive beverage package can I order wine by the glass and will it be included in my package if under $10?

Thanks!