Tipping on Anytime Dining?

tjcletsgo

Since we probably won't have the same waiters each night, can we just leave a tip in the table each night? How much extra should we leave each night for good service?

Thanks!:D

As you enter they take your room number . Then the daily MDR tip is assigned to that wait team. We usually try and get the same wait every night. If you don't go to the MDR one night , the tip that night goes into a general pool for the anytime dining wait staff.

Since we probably won't have the same waiters each night, can we just leave a tip in the table each night? How much extra should we leave each night for good service?

Thanks!:D

No real need to tip extra or nightly. Just leave the auto tips in place and all is taken care of. Very easy.

I know about auto tipping but in case the waitstaff are exceptional (and one we had on a 4 night cruise on the Golden was),is it okay to just leave a little extra on the table? This is the first time we will be doing Anytime Dining.

Thanks so much~:D

As you enter they take your room number . Then the daily MDR tip is assigned to that wait team. We usually try and get the same wait every night. If you don't go to the MDR one night , the tip that night goes into a general pool for the anytime dining wait staff.

They have never taken our cabin number upon entering the dining room nor have I seen them take anyone else's number.

As a matter of fact, they do not even see your cruise card unless you order a beverage that has a charge.

Mike:)

They have never taken our cabin number upon entering the dining room nor have I seen them take anyone else's number.

As a matter of fact, they do not even see your cruise card unless you order a beverage that has a charge.

Two weeks ago on the Grand, the waiters asked us all of our room numbers every single night. We have occasionally been asked our room number in the past, but this is the first time they have asked consistently. Maybe it is something new?

The one time we did anytime (and hopefully the last), I saw some diners give the "green fisted" handshake after a meal to a waiter. I guess if you want to carry cash with you, you can do that.

We keep the autotips on. Since we don't carry money while on board, but I usually carry paper and pen in my purse, if we meet up with some exceptional crew members, I'll write down the info from their name tags for filling out a consummate host card for them.

I know about auto tipping but in case the waitstaff are exceptional (and one we had on a 4 night cruise on the Golden was),is it okay to just leave a little extra on the table? This is the first time we will be doing Anytime Dining.

Thanks so much~:D

Give it to them directly.

Thats because your photo is up on the wall in the kitchen.

Thats because your photo is up on the wall in the kitchen.

At least it is among others.:D

This is the first I have heard of taking cabin numbers for anytime dining.

On our B2B in February on the Ruby they never asked.

At least it is among others.:D

This is the first I have heard of taking cabin numbers for anytime dining.

On our B2B in February on the Ruby they never asked.

I think its really hit or miss on that.

We have had them take numbers but it was years ago.

and we do anytime all the time now.

Wouldn't they ask for your cabin number to make sure you had anytime dining vice traditional dining? That's how it worked on other lines.

That's it...if you're not on the "Anytime" list, you shouldn't be taking up a dining space that should be going to someone else. We've always been asked our room number, at least until we reach the point on the cruise where the dining room host recognizes us.

As for the tipping, we leave auto-tips on. If the wait staff does an average job, then that's enough. If we find a team we enjoy, we ask for a table in their section for the remaining nights of the cruise. We would then give that staff an additional tip at the end of the cruise. A couple of times on longer cruises, we've found more than one team that we enjoyed, and dined in whichever section had an opening first. When this happened, we went and sought out the wait staff in the dining room on the last night of the cruise and handed them an envelope with an extra tip. They were happy to receive it and also appreciated the fact that we took the time to find them. We've never just left money on the table.

Wouldn't they ask for your cabin number to make sure you had anytime dining vice traditional dining? That's how it worked on other lines.

Your cabin card will say if you have anytime or it will list your assigned dining info. Unless you change your dining info. I just checked my card from my last cruise and I guess we were never given new cards (we changed from 5:30 to the late seating).