They are asking me to move my sail date

janecambridge

Has anyone e ever seen this before?

E421 MOVE OVER OFFER FOR BALCONY PASSENGERS!

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the August 9,2014 Emerald Princess sailing. Move to Emerald Princess Oct 14,2014 11-day round-trip Southampton and receive:

* 50% of your cruise fare back as refundable onboard credit! * FREE UPGRADE to a spacious mini-suite stateroom! * 4 extra cruise days! * Air change fees covered up to GBP150 per person (Princess Air

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the August 9,2014 Emerald Princess sailing. Move to Emerald Princess Oct 14,2014 11-day round-trip Southampton and receive:

* 50% of your cruise fare back as refundable onboard credit! * FREE UPGRADE to a spacious mini-suite stateroom! * 4 extra cruise days! * Air change fees covered up to GBP150 per person (Princess Air

I've read about these "move over" offers however unfortunately have never received one. :( Being retired I could change my travel dates but have never been offered one.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes its fairly commeon to see moveover offers.

Sometimes if you hold out the deal gets sweeter, however sometimes if you don't take it they won't offer anything further.

Usually a week or 2 before the cruise is when they need to free up space in an oversold situation.

Princess has this down to a science and does it week in and week out. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I have received two move over offers but didn't respond to either one as we didn't want (or couldn't, in the second case) move our sailings.

You only have to return their call or otherwise contact them if you're interested. If you don't, you stay put on your sailing.

How did Princess make this offer? Was it an email or a phone call? Now that we are retired, I would love to receive an offer like that!

Barbara

I think that was an email.

Sometimes they call.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It was an email

Sadly we are in Turkey on those dates.I have replied to the email and asked if there are any other offers,cheeky I know,But the October sailing is in the Med and we are going to Norwegian fjords.But we can go to the fjords anytime. I wish we could take up the offer....depending too where the mini suite is.!!

Edited by janecambridge

It was an email

Sadly we are in Turkey on those dates.I have replied to the email and asked if there are any other offers,cheeky I know,But the October sailing is in the Med and we are going to Norwegian fjords.But we can go to the fjords anytime. I wish we could take up the offer....depending too where the mini suite is.!!

The October 14th sailing is to the Canary Islands - I'm on it. So it is a totally different cruise from what you booked. I can tell you that it is the first cruise I've ever booked with Princess where the price stayed very high up until final payment date which was last week. I wonder if they had lots of cancellations at the last minute and they are trying to fill the ship? Hope they offer you another option, that is, if you are amenable to other options. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the fjords!

Sure, just like the airlines, cruise lines routinely oversell their cruises to try to achieve 100% occupancy at sailing. Most of the time enough people cancel up to departure due to a variety of reason (illness, personal situations, etc.); however, sometimes not enough people cancel so they have to start offering "Moveover" deals to match the number of berths with actual passenger count. So....they want to know if you want to "Moveover" to Oct 14 sailing and get some perks to do so. You don't have to take it if you don't want. It just an offer. Princess will just keeping calling down the passengers list until someone takes the deal.

Edited by COMBOY

I was offered a move over for my July 19th sailing. I took it due to my mom's poor health. I got my 19th fare applied to my Christmas cruise, refunded the difference in cash, and an upgrade to the highest balcony category from an inside. No airfare was needed. Princess wanted me to move to August 16th but that wasn't good for me and they accepted my counter for my Christmas cruise.

Edited by LoveThisCruisingThing

We received, and accepted, a move over offer for a Caribbean trip a couple of years ago. The offer came by phone. When I called about it, the rep said it was off for the time being but it might be reopened. I told her we were definitely interested. A few days later, just as I was starting to interrupt my newspaper delivery, she called and made the offer. We accepted which changed our trip by about six weeks. Airline cost differences were reimbursed up to, as I remember $150pp. The actual cruise went well. I'd probably take them up on another offer in a heartbeat.

Good to know these things exist. I can be paranoid when it comes to money and what it buys (vacations) so I would have treated this like SPAM, trash or those door to door sales reps asking to see your gas bill. Sadly we can't move any cruise if we were asked. It is hard enough getting vacation time from two bosses for one date. To move it would be even harder.

Princess seems to do this move over thing more than other C/L's.

We took one offer that worked out well , same itinerary 2 weeks latter .

Upgrade and OBC .

Offered by phone . You gotta be ready to decide quickly , call back may be too late.

Oh yes , you do not need to accept it . They will enhance the offer to others until they solve the overbooking situation.

We were called on a Friday night before we were due to fly to the port on Saturday morning. The representative told us any ship, any time ( except holidays). Just had to be the same itinerary. They upgraded us from a balcony to a mini suite.

Princess absorbed all the pre hotel and air flight penalties, and rebooked everything. All we had to do was agree to the upgrade.

Oh, I forgot to mention we received an additional $1,500 onboard credit, plus the OBC that we already had.

We accepted the offer and were very pleased with our decision.

When Princess was doing their 9 day caribbean itinerary from Brooklyn, we were offered a move over, but would have been sailing the Canada New England itinerary. Not what we were looking for, so we passed. I dont remember the specifics, but it really didnt matter to us.

we were offered something very similar in January when we went to the Panama Canal. We were offered a sailing date of two months later and an upgrade to a mini suite along with OBC and help with air fare. I am still working and was not able to make the switch, if I had been retired, we probably would have taken advantage of the offers.