Full Review of Oosterdam cruise

nana51

Congrats on seeing Mt. McKinley / Denali ! We missed it on our trip. I guess that's a reason to go again!

Sorry to hear about the problem with Explore4. Did you book with a TA or HAL? Either way, sounds like someone dropped the ball on fully explaining everything.

Enjoying your report and great pictures. :)

We leave Haines after being disappointed that we couldn't take the train in Skagway. Apparently the White Pass Railway excursion sold out 2 months earlier.:eek: So don't wait if you want an excursion. All that was available was a city tour of Haines and the Salmon Hatchery. Our guide was an adorable redhead who once again was a college student working over the summer. Haines is a very small town but really sweet. The are quite proud of their town.

Ordered room service and everything was hot and correct. I took everyone's advice and made sure I marked everything I needed, like butter for my toast, cream and sugar for my tea, and even what tea I wanted. I only ordered one meal though. We occasionally ordered tea but they bring it all on such a big tray and it takes so long, it is really easier to take the elevator up to the lido. Our room was quite close to the elevator and the lido was right there when you got off the elevator.

The show was a magician I think. He was o.k. but certainly not fantastic. They had this huge build up but I'd seen all his tricks a million times (the rings, the scarf out his mouth, and the little dogs.) Meh.

On to one of my very favorite ports, Juneau. What a great excursion we had. We did the Mendenhall Glacier and garden tour. I can't stress how beautiful these gardens are. I'm so glad we did this. Once again another beautiful day. My only complaint it is not a long stop. We didn't get in until 11:00 then pulled out around 5:30. I would have liked some more time to explore Juneau. After our excursion we only had an houror so before we had to reboard.

Our bus driver took us to the gardens first. I had no idea! We took a large golf cart up to the top and the views were great. Once again great tour guide. Bus left on time and on every tour all the people were always right on time getting back to the bus/train and we never had to wait for stragglers. I wore a windbreaker but that was as warm as I dressed for any of the excursions. Everyone said it was cold by the glaciers but it was a lovely day. We even saw a bear catching salmon. Really great day.

I have tried adding the pictures but they are apparently too big. They are all around 5. mg and this forum can only accept 3. mg. anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Inspiron 3521 using Tapatalk

We loved the gardens, so beautiful. Then we headed to the Mendenhall Glacier. It was impressive but I really preferred the gardens. you will see lots of glaciers in Alaska but only one of these gardens, (okay, maybe there are more I just don't know).