Full Review of Oosterdam cruise

nana51

The next day was Ketchikan and ziplining. The most fun I have ever had. 5 of the group went. Our ages were, 63, (me), 67, 66, 70, and 75! The 75year old probably did the best.

I felt very safe and secure. The guides were thorough and made us feel as safe as you can feel when you are about to jump off a platform into midair. I can't describe the feeling other than to say once you leave the platform there is no fear, just awe. We even got medals when we were done. The day was very warm and very sunny. I took a sweater but wished I hadn't. It was about 73 degrees. This excursion was well worth every penny. One of our gang has even had a stroke and has trouble lifting her feet. They were super careful with her and made sure she was safe when she arrived at the platform.

We left Ketchikan and headed for the inside passage and a relaxing day. we were on such a high we needed to whole next day to settle down.

After some lovely days relaxing onboard we were headed to Vancouver. We kept busy using the thermal pool, playing dominoes, and eating. As I said I wasn't thrilled with the menu in the MDR but we liked being waited on so we "sucked it up" :D

we loved our dining steward, wine steward and the dining room manager was really attentive. He stopped by our table every night to laugh, tell jokes and do little puzzles.

To sum it up, it was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. Nothing is perfect but nothing diminished my enjoyment. It was better than I hoped. I'm sure I would be happy on a different cruise ship, but ms. "O", always feels like home. I received my second star while aboard. I'm hoping to get to 5 one day. If you have any question please ask. I am looking for the picture of the verandah that I took. For some reason it is not on my phone, probably on my real camera. these were all taken with my phone.

Thanks for sharing your vacation and your wonderful cruise with us. I was on the Oosterdam from July 6 to July 20 and I can agree that she is a very homey ship. I just loved her. I enjoyed your pictures and your review very much. Thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the fabulous review. We are on the Oosterdam next summer in July. After reading about your trip I know for sure that I have booked a great trip ahead. My excursions are booked for Juneau and Skagway, in Ketchikan we plan to explore the town. Thanks again, glad you had such a wonderful trip!

To sum it up, it was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. Nothing is perfect but nothing diminished my enjoyment. It was better than I hoped. I'm sure I would be happy on a different cruise ship, but ms. "O", always feels like home. I received my second star while aboard. I'm hoping to get to 5 one day. If you have any question please ask. I am looking for the picture of the verandah that I took. For some reason it is not on my phone, probably on my real camera. these were all taken with my phone.

I'm going to be receiving my 2nd star on my next cruise. Does HAL give it to you during the cruise or after you return?