Informal Coffee Chat with Officer on the Navigator/ Other ships?

denamo

On our May cruise on the Navigator, an Informal Coffee Chat with an Officer was held in Vintages on sea days in the morning around 10:00 A.M. I went once with dh, and he went by himself on another day. I was doing something, but now don't recall what that was....what happens on a cruise, stays on a cruise. ;)

Very enjoyable. Met the Guest Services head officer. Lovely gal named Sam who was heading out after our cruise to be on the Independence in the Mediterranean.

For those heading on a Navigator cruise, might be on the lookout if this is your cup of tea.

Anyone know if this is being offered on the Allure? We have an upcoming cruise and was just wondering.

I don't know if this is available on other ships, but it is great on the Navigator. We go every time it's held. We have had the top Security Officer, the woman who is in charge of all the stores (ordering supplies, everything used on the ship), Hotel Officer, etc. Very informative and I learned a lot. These are usually small groups so you can hear great and ask questions all you want

I will go every time I can.

Margee

This may be different from what Navigator does but all ships we have been on have had a Captain's Corner or From the Top meetings where three officers (Usually Captain, Hotel Director and Chief Engineer) and the CD would entertain questions from the guests in attendance.

Reminds me of a story being on Freedom of the Seas about 18 months ago.

In their case they had a couple of the cruise directors staff would be "available" each morning on the promenade to answer any questions.

Cruise Director was standing at one table and had a line of people waiting on him, the other person out there that morning was Icey (abbreviated nickname she was using) , a very pretty young lady of Russian descent if I remember correctly .. no one was in line to talk to her at all.

She walks out into the middle of the promenade and yells "why does nobody want to chat me up" ... Brought a smile to my face and elbow in the ribs from my wife ;)

Edited by jticarruthers

...Cruise Director was standing at one table and had a line of people waiting on him, the other person out there that morning was Icey (abbreviated nickname she was using) , a very pretty young lady of Russian descent if I remember correctly .. no one was in line to talk to her at all.

She walks out into the middle of the promenade and yells "why does nobody want to chat me up" ... Brought a smile to my face and elbow in the ribs from my wife ;)

Well at least she wasn't in a room with a door and speaking UK English. I remember the first time I had a request to "knock me up in the morning":eek:

This may be different from what Navigator does but all ships we have been on have had a Captain's Corner or From the Top meetings where three officers (Usually Captain, Hotel Director and Chief Engineer) and the CD would entertain questions from the guests in attendance.

On Navigator, the Coffee Chats were held in the Vintages Bar. The From the Top meeting was in the theater with Captain, Staff Captain and Hotel Director. Much more formal and lots more people.

Margee

If there is a chat, is it listed in the daily schedule?
I have been to these chats on a number of RCI ships, and the only way I knew about them was the listing in the Cruise Compass. I have generally seen them held at 10:30 (can just make that after trivia which is often held at 10).

Thom

I have been to these chats on a number of RCI ships, and the only way I knew about them was the listing in the Cruise Compass. I have generally seen them held at 10:30 (can just make that after trivia which is often held at 10).

Thom

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I think they'd be really interesting to attend.