Grandeur 7156

Hi, I have this cabin booked but have the option to move to deck 8. Which deck would have the least noise? Thank you!

Deck 7 would have less noise potential (pool deck above deck 8) assuming both deck 8 and deck 7 stateroom choices are the same distance from the centrum.

That cabin is above the south pacific lounge, which reportedly has music playing until midnight. But, it is also an aft balcony that is much larger then any of the non-aft JS. If you could move to an aft JS on deck 8 instead, that would be ideal. Otherwise, you have to chose whether you want a big balcony, or possible noise below.

Of course, deck 8 is also susceptible to chair scrapping noises around the pool area, so you'd just need to look at what would be above you.

We were in 7156 last year, and the noise from the lounge wasn't noticeable most of the time. That was a big deal for us, as we're usually in bed by midnight ( even on a cruise!) and brought our 3 year old with us. The huge balcony is fantastic and offers some amazing views.

Unless the 8th deck cabin is also an aft, I'd stick with 7156.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any photos of this cabin? We're in it for Thanksgiving. I've heard it has a regular closet, not a walk in, true? Also, please tell me the cabin is NOT over full of furniture? We had one on Enchantment that had just too much furniture for the size of the room.

We were in 7156 last year, and the noise from the lounge wasn't noticeable most of the time. That was a big deal for us, as we're usually in bed by midnight ( even on a cruise!) and brought our 3 year old with us. The huge balcony is fantastic and offers some amazing views.

Unless the 8th deck cabin is also an aft, I'd stick with 7156.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Grandeur in July and knew people who had an aft JS on deck 7 - not sure exactly which one it was - who complained of hearing the "boom" of the base sound coming from the South Pacific Lounge. But they also often turned in early, so that may have been a factor.

At the time, we were in 8084 one deck above and heard absolutely nothing at all from above or below. The only noise that would have possibly kept anyone awake in our suite might have been my snoring....:D

Do you have any photos of this cabin? We're in it for Thanksgiving. I've heard it has a regular closet, not a walk in, true? Also, please tell me the cabin is NOT over full of furniture? We had one on Enchantment that had just too much furniture for the size of the room.

The "corner aft" JS cabins on the Grandeur have walk in closets. At least, that is what I was told. And what I am hoping for. ;)

Gwen :)

The "corner aft" JS cabins on the Grandeur have walk in closets. At least, that is what I was told. And what I am hoping for. ;)

Gwen :)

Correct, the two corner aft staterooms on deck 7 have walk-in closets.