Swim Diapers in Splash pool on Getaway - Anyone know FOR SURE?

#1TravelMom

Responsible parents follow the rules. If you have a diapered child, and want a vacation that includes water play, take a land-based vacation, or sail on other lines, like DCL and RCCL, that have some ships with modified water play areas made for diapered children. You have a choice.

I can't understand how anyone can think that the wants of their child are more important than the safety of others. It's the parent who sends little Johnny to the birthday party with a fever, it's the parent who sends little Suzy to kindergarten after a bout of vomiting (true story - I saw her throw up in the bushes outside of school, and then her grandmother put her on the line to march into school - I alerted the teacher, who later told me they sent her, even though they knew she was sick, because she wanted to go to school). Heck, before our elementary school instituted a no-nit policy, about a quarter of all students had head lice!

I don't think it's good to teach our children that we only follow the rules if we like them.

Agree with you 100%!!!

Here's a picture.... NO SWIM DIAPERS doesn't matter how much you " know" or "watch" your child...

Actually, that picture is for the pool. There wasn't been a sign by the splash pad area. That may have changed, but in April, there wasn't, and there were plenty of toddlers in the pad area. The pool is a different story.

Here's a picture.... NO SWIM DIAPERS doesn't matter how much you " know" or "watch" your child...

It may be a bit helpful to read the thread before posting. The question isn't about the pool. Everyone knows and agrees swim diapers aren't allowed in the pool.

The question is regarding the splash pad area where this is little to no standing water.

Now, let's see your sign that says "no swim diapers in the splash pad area." THEN we will have an official answer.

As of now, this is all still opinion.

Actually, that picture is for the pool. There wasn't been a sign by the splash pad area. That may have changed, but in April, there wasn't, and there were plenty of toddlers in the pad area. The pool is a different story.

It may be a bit helpful to read the thread before posting. The question isn't about the pool. Everyone knows and agrees swim diapers aren't allowed in the pool.

The question is regarding the splash pad area where this is little to no standing water.

Now, let's see your sign that says "no swim diapers in the splash pad area." THEN we will have an official answer.

As of now, this is all still opinion.

I guess you didn't read the commentary that the poster included with the picture:

If you are taking your baby into the pool then you are doing it against the posted rules. The OP was asking if Breakaway was like Oasis with the infant splash zone and the answer is NO it's not. For some reason - Norwegian has not made the steps to add an infant only splash area for kids in diapers.

Yes - people ignore the rules and take babies in diapers as they do on all other ships without an infant splash area.

Sorry OP - here is the posted sign at the splash park - no diapers

I guess you didn't read the commentary that the poster included with the picture:

If you are taking your baby into the pool then you are doing it against the posted rules. The OP was asking if Breakaway was like Oasis with the infant splash zone and the answer is NO it's not. For some reason - Norwegian has not made the steps to add an infant only splash area for kids in diapers.

Yes - people ignore the rules and take babies in diapers as they do on all other ships without an infant splash area.

The OP's question is about the Getaway, not the Breakaway. I realize they are very similar, but I also understand there are some differences, and the Getaway is a newer ship.

Until someone posts a picture of the rules (or cites some otherwise credible source) about the Getaway, there still is no definitive answer.

As I said, I'll be on the Getaway later this week, and I will be spending a lot of time in the kids splash area (rest assured posters: My kid is potty trained). I'll look for a sign that clearly explains the rules and if I see one, I'll snap a pic and post it ... if no one else does before then.

Ok, here are the pictures from Getaway....

And just a heads up - as with all Norwegian ships no diapers or non potty trained tots in the pools or Spongebob splash area

agygaba8.jpg

vy8y3egy.jpg

ade9unev.jpg

u4a3ude3.jpg

The OP's question is about the Getaway, not the Breakaway. I realize they are very similar, but I also understand there are some differences, and the Getaway is a newer ship.

Until someone posts a picture of the rules (or cites some otherwise credible source) about the Getaway, there still is no definitive answer.

As I said, I'll be on the Getaway later this week, and I will be spending a lot of time in the kids splash area (rest assured posters: My kid is potty trained). I'll look for a sign that clearly explains the rules and if I see one, I'll snap a pic and post it ... if no one else does before then.

Ok, here are the pictures from Getaway....

Again, the top of that sign says Kids Pool. The question is not about the Kids Pool. It's about the splash area. They are near each other, but separate things. The OP still doesn't have an answer, even if that picture is posted 780 more times.

Responsible parents follow the rules. If you have a diapered child, and want a vacation that includes water play, take a land-based vacation, or sail on other lines, like DCL and RCCL, that have some ships with modified water play areas made for diapered children. You have a choice.

I can't understand how anyone can think that the wants of their child are more important than the safety of others. It's the parent who sends little Johnny to the birthday party with a fever, it's the parent who sends little Suzy to kindergarten after a bout of vomiting (true story - I saw her throw up in the bushes outside of school, and then her grandmother put her on the line to march into school - I alerted the teacher, who later told me they sent her, even though they knew she was sick, because she wanted to go to school). Heck, before our elementary school instituted a no-nit policy, about a quarter of all students had head lice!

I don't think it's good to teach our children that we only follow the rules if we like them.

Okay so I bet there's going to be backlash now! Maybe the no diaper rule would be followed by more if they imposed a warning for the first offense and a $250 fine for each additional offense. Rules are to be adhered to. And not just some rules.

Again, the top of that sign says Kids Pool. The question is not about the Kids Pool. It's about the splash area. They are near each other, but separate things. The OP still doesn't have an answer, even if that picture is posted 780 more times.

Giddy up! The poster of those photos is the one saying it applies to the splash pad. We don't see it on the signs (which are hard to read), nor has it come from an official NCL source. Post all the pics you want ... it's not answering the OP's question.

Okay so I bet there's going to be backlash now! Maybe the no diaper rule would be followed by more if they imposed a warning for the first offense and a $250 fine for each additional offense. Rules are to be adhered to. And not just some rules.

No one here (that I can tell) is suggesting the OP's mom-friend breaks the rules. Considering the extreme ambiguity on whether there is a an actual rule, we are weighing in on our thoughts about swim diapers in splash areas. Some of us believe the risk of swim diapers in splash areas where there is little to no standing water is minimal. Others believe that risk is high and (and allow me to inject a bit of hyperbole) life-threatening to everyone on board. Again, no one is saying break the rule, when so far, we can't find a rule.

A $250 fine for an offense that isn't clearly and obviously posted or stated will not hold up in court.

I understood the commentary. That poster has always been hell-bent on saying no swim diapers. However, that sign was for the pool! The second sign you posted is for the kids pool - not the splash pad. I was on the ship ;)

I've seen a lot of inconsiderate pigs with little common sense on cruises. On one of our last cruises.....day one a small kid pooped in the adult pool......pool closed down for the rest of the day. Day 3 a child pukes in the kiddie pool. Now the appropriate response would be to take said child to the bathroom. Actual response was parent(s) take child to Adult pool with them where said child pukes one again :rolleyes:

And the parenting award of the week goes to............

Edited by Laszlo

I've seen a lot of inconsiderate pigs with little common sense on cruises. On one of our last cruises.....day one a small kid pooped in the adult pool......pool closed down for the rest of the day. Day 3 a child pukes in the kiddie pool. Now the appropriate response would be to take said child to the bathroom. Actual response was parent(s) take child to Adult pool with them where said child pukes one again :rolleyes:

And the parenting award of the week goes to............

Ugh - that's just gross. We don't use the pools once the kids get in them. In fact, once it's loaded with adults, we don't go in either. If we take a dip, it's the first thing in the morning - before anyone has a chance to pee in it LOL

They should just make a rule across the board, if you can't hold your bodily functions in, No matter how Young or Old you are you should keep away from all pool, splash areas of the ship. This should also include the indoor Spa wet area's also

They should just make a rule across the board, if you can't hold your bodily functions in, No matter how Young or Old you are you should keep away from all pool, splash areas of the ship. This should also include the indoor Spa wet area's also

Excellent point................nothing is ever mentioned about "Senior Shorties"

Excellent point................nothing is ever mentioned about "Senior Shorties"

Nothing like buying a week spa pass and walking in one morning at 9am to find out one of the tubs is closed because some old guy crapped in it:eek::mad:

Edited by Laszlo

This was the greatest thread I have ever read...as a parent of a 8mth old who will be home when I vacation on the breakaway and as a husband who is planning the next cruise on dcl when the BABY IS POTTYTRAINED its crazy to hear people get mad at others for not wanting to swim in crap or stand in crap...especially after seeing story after story on the news about people getting sick on cruises...1 things for sure though any of you people who are scared of the urine you are lucky there isnt a bar with seats in the pool because I would sit there drink beer and pee all day long

This was the greatest thread I have ever read...as a parent of a 8mth old who will be home when I vacation on the breakaway and as a husband who is planning the next cruise on dcl when the BABY IS POTTYTRAINED its crazy to hear people get mad at others for not wanting to swim in crap or stand in crap...especially after seeing story after story on the news about people getting sick on cruises...1 things for sure though any of you people who are scared of the urine you are lucky there isnt a bar with seats in the pool because I would sit there drink beer and pee all day long

Man, I'm reading this thread and I can't stop laughing...:D

Edited by bobg529

I did a search and read tons of posts - but can't find anything definitive. NCL reps seem just as confused. We have someone in our party that is traveling with a 12 month old who will be in swim diapers. She is wandering if he will be allowed in the SPLASH AREA. I have seen posts with photos stating - No swim diapers in the pools - but doesn't specifically say "Splash area". Does anyone know FOR SURE???

I know for sure they are not allowed.

I know for sure that most people will say something is anyone were to attempt it.