Platinum Laundry

NavyCruiser

I thought it was 2 ( could be mistaken)

But whatever the number, it's per Platinum cruiser.

It's 2 bags for a 3-6 day cruise and 3 bags for 7-12 and 5 bags for 12 or more. I did 2 7-day b2b cruises on the Splendor so I got 6. Made packing a lot easier and didn't have to do a wash when I got home.

Those amounts are per platinum passenger. So if there are two platinum in the cabin you will get 6 loads.

Remember to only send sturdy, per washed clothes. Nothing delicate and nothing that could shrink.

I take a pic of what's in the bag.

This is one of the best "perks" for being Platinum there is. I love it.

Be sure to place a dollar or two on top of the bag when you leave them for the Steward.

Taking a photo of the clothes going in is a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Laundry is part of the stewards job as I see it and do not see any reason to put money on the bag. If at the end of the cruise we think he deserves more that is when he gets it.

We have found that if you put the laundry in bags and have them ready in the morning there is a good chance the laundry will be back the same day.

When we meet room steward we ask that if we tell him the day before and leave the bag early do we get it back same day and the answer has always been yes.

Laundry is part of the stewards job as I see it and do not see any reason to put money on the bag. If at the end of the cruise we think he deserves more that is when he gets it.

Exactly. When I had to change cabins on my b2b I asked which steward moved my belongings (i.e. the old stateroom or new stateroom). That was something I felt was extra work so I gave him a tip on the spot since he did a great job (everything was already there and the hanging clothes in my closet by the time I got to the stateroom).

One important thing. I find they do an awful job of folding the laundry so I always open up the bag immediately and refold to get the creases out. As long as the wash is clean (that's the important part) I'm okay with doing this.

Edited by cruise pup

I disagree with this in a certain sense. Technically it is part of their job however it's just added work to their busy schedule. They still receive the same tip from platinum and non platinum. Now we throw 3-6 bags of laundry to them and don't want to tip them a little extra?? Sound pretty cheap to me. A dollar or

two per bag won't break us. ;)

I disagree with this in a certain sense. Technically it is part of their job however it's just added work to their busy schedule. They still receive the same tip from platinum and non platinum. Now we throw 3-6 bags of laundry to them and don't want to tip them a little extra?? Sound pretty cheap to me. A dollar or

I see both sides of this issue.

Yes, it is part of their job to take laundry bags from your room to ship's laundry

& No, they don't actually do the laundry themselves, the laundry dept does that

Just like they remove & replace the towels & bedsheets from the cabins, but don't actually launder that towels themselves...

So (pls don't turn this into) this is a personal Gratuities issue, we usually tip extra because we feel we got great Value from this perk, those who don't agree don't need to tip, personal choice, no biggie...

Well thanks for calling me cheap. Is namecalling reallly necessary? Do you also give the steward a $ 20 bribe when you first see him?

Not a matter of breaking me just a matter of at the end of the cruise we consider how they did and if they did a good job they get more if they were mediocre they typically just get the autotip.

Edited by golfadj

Well thanks for calling me cheap. Is namecalling reallly necessary? Do you also give the steward a $ 20 bribe when you first see him?

Not a matter of breaking me just a matter of at the end of the cruise we consider how they did and if they did a good job they get more if they were mediocre they typically just get the autotip.

I apologize for calling you cheap. However, do you tip for room service? Do you tip the bartenders? Why even give the auto tips since everybody's just doing their job. ;)

I apologize for calling you cheap. However, do you tip for room service? Do you tip the bartenders? Why even give the auto tips since everybody's just doing their job. ;)

Not quite sure why it is your business how I tip but will answer you anyway.

we tip for room service

Bartenders get the 15% added into the bill.

As platinum, we now bring un-pressed clothing & put the clothing to be pressed in a bag (or 2) on our first morning. We leave our first elegant night clothing out, because you won't get it back in time, as they are still doing change over laundry at the start of the cruise. Later in the cruise, we do the regular laundry bags for platinum and go home with clean clothes. Works for us!:D

As platinum, we now bring un-pressed clothing & put the clothing to be pressed in a bag (or 2) on our first morning. We leave our first elegant night clothing out, because you won't get it back in time, as they are still doing change over laundry at the start of the cruise. Later in the cruise, we do the regular laundry bags for platinum and go home with clean clothes. Works for us!:D

Do they charge for the pressing?

Do they charge for the pressing?

Curious, too. A few cruises ago, a gentleman was pitching a fit at GS, claiming to be entitled to "free pressing" service. It was strange, he had a fistful of his past S&S cards in his hand, to prove his Platinum status. Ugly scene.:eek: