Celebrity vs RCI

Hey guys,

Just got back from our fabulous 10 night mediterranean cruise with the Celebrity Reflection. Time to think about our next cruise :-)

I was thinking about the Quantum of the Seas but i am unable to verify where the ship will be during July 2015? Does anyone of you know?

Also, what are the main differences between the 2 lines/ships?

Thanks for any input!

Best,
Christophe

Glad you had a great time on Reflection. I think the Solstice class ships are the most beautiful ships at sea.
I have sailed both Celebrity and Royal many times but no one can give a fair comparison yet as Anthem is currently being constructed.
This much I can tell you: Anthem will have "Dynamic Dining" . It's a concept that eliminates the traditional dining room and you reserve spots in the various venues ( free and paid)
prior to sailing.
I'm booked on her sister ship, Quantum and quite frankly, I have found it to be a major hassle.
I suggest you pop over to the " Countdown to Quantum of the Seas" board for more info.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

[quote name='Stoffel1982']Hey guys,

Just got back from our fabulous 10 night mediterranean cruise with the Celebrity Reflection. Time to think about our next cruise :-)

I was thinking about the Quantum of the Seas but i am unable to verify where the ship will be during July 2015? Does anyone of you know?

Also, what are the main differences between the 2 lines/ships?

Thanks for any input!

Best,
Christophe[/quote]
Quantum is going to Asia in 2015. Liberty will replace Quantum for the summer runs to Bermuda in 2015.

[quote name='celebrity']Glad you had a great time on Reflection. I think the Solstice class ships are the most beautiful ships at sea.
I have sailed both Celebrity and Royal many times but no one can give a fair comparison yet as Anthem is currently being constructed.
This much I can tell you: Anthem will have "Dynamic Dining" . It's a concept that eliminates the traditional dining room and you reserve spots in the various venues ( free and paid)
prior to sailing.
I'm booked on her sister ship, Quantum and quite frankly, I have found it to be a major hassle.
I suggest you pop over to the " Countdown to Quantum of the Seas" board for more info.
Good luck in whatever you decide.[/QUOTE]

I am booked on the Quantum to sail in March out of NJ. The ship like it's sister ship will also have Dynamic Dining. In fact, we were already able to make dinner reservations. While we also love Celebrity, we also love RC. The Oasis and the Allure of the Seas cannot be matched in the areas of entertainment, crowd control, technology and the choice of things to do for people of all ages. We prefer to sail on these ships when we travel with our family that include children. Celebrity we prefer with adult members of our family.

We are also booked on the Anthem of the Seas in 2016! Enjoy your cruises!

I heard that Royal has more children on board, but i spoke with a manager on the Celebrity Reflection a few days ago and he told me that there were about 600 kids on the ship... Does Royal has "adults only" areas on their ships?

[quote name='Stoffel1982']I heard that Royal has more children on board, but i spoke with a manager on the Celebrity Reflection a few days ago and he told me that there were about 600 kids on the ship... Does Royal has "adults only" areas on their ships?[/quote]
Yes, the Solarium Pool is limited to 16 and over.

Yes Celebrity does have an adults only area. The solarium is a great place to sit to read and watch the ocean go by. Depending on the ship and the itineary they allow children with their parents in the pool for some time if the weather is bad. Usually children under 16 are not allowed to be in these area.

We'll be better able to give you a more objective answer in about 10 days when we board our first RCI cruise on the Freedom. We have been on many Celebrity cruises and love that line but the itinerary was better of FOS and we will have 3 grandchildren with us so decided to give RCI a try. Really looking forward to it and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

Celebrity is aimed at a slighter higher level of traveller and has therefore a bit better food and service
But value for money and good food service and facilities you can't go past royal
Quantum would be about to go to chins or on its way at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='judatt']We'll be better able to give you a more objective answer in about 10 days when we board our first RCI cruise on the Freedom. We have been on many Celebrity cruises and love that line but the itinerary was better of FOS and we will have 3 grandchildren with us so decided to give RCI a try. Really looking forward to it and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

The freedom is my favorite ship, just a nice mix of adult and kids activities. I may be older, but I have to admit I stalked Puss for a picture. The Dreamworks parades are a lot of fun for all ages. The characters are around without being intrusive.

[quote name='anzore']unless you call the cruise line, how would anyone on a mass market cruiseline know how many kids would be on a cruise.. almost impossible to know. i would assume, dangerously, that the summer time and holidays would have more kids. they dont bother me so i dont mind[/QUOTE]

I talked to the Guest Relations Manager in the elevator while cruising on the Reflection. I am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about...