RCCL Boarding time in Vancouver?

ghoundlvr

I wondered if anybody could advise as to when Radiance has boarded recently in Vancouver. The reason that I am asking is that we learned with Caribbean cruises that the boarding times were frequently earlier than that listed on the SetSail pass. We are in a suite, if that matters.

Obviously I'm excited to get on board and learn the layout of this ship and get this vacation started! We fly to Vancouver tomorrow early am for Friday sailing. Wahoo!

We just came off that cruise! We arrived in Vancouver the day before and stayed at the St. Regis Hotel, it was a very nice newly renovated modern boutique hotel.

Since we were up early, we went to the port around 10:30 AM and were on the ship by 11:10 AM.

There was hardly anyone at the terminal, they do seat passengers in the order that they arrived.

Once on the ship we saw a line waiting to get into the Windjammer since it didn't open until 11:30 AM. We just sat in the Solarium with our drink until it opened.

Cabins were ready around 1 PM and we had our luggage and were unpacked before the Muster Drill.

Enjoy your cruise!

I wondered if anybody could advise as to when Radiance has boarded recently in Vancouver. The reason that I am asking is that we learned with Caribbean cruises that the boarding times were frequently earlier than that listed on the SetSail pass. We are in a suite, if that matters.

Obviously I'm excited to get on board and learn the layout of this ship and get this vacation started! We fly to Vancouver tomorrow early am for Friday sailing. Wahoo!

It's pretty much standard practice for RCI to try to start boarding at 11:00.

but why rush to board the ship? you have the rest of the day and all week to explore the ship.

Enjoy Vancouver for the morning! it's a beautiful city. Consider it the first port of your itinerary. Check out of the hotel, store your bags with the desk then walk along the seawall at Stanley Park or rent bikes for 2 hrs .... see the rose gardens, the bridge, totems, beaches. Board at 1 or 2, have lunch then explore the ship. Vancouver is a beautiful city; make the most of your time there.

Edited by mapleleaves

but why rush to board the ship? you have the rest of the day and all week to explore the ship.

Enjoy Vancouver for the morning! it's a beautiful city. Consider it the first port of your itinerary. Check out of the hotel, store your bags with the desk then walk along the seawall at Stanley Park or rent bikes for 2 hrs .... see the rose gardens, the bridge, totems, beaches. Board at 1 or 2, have lunch then explore the ship. Vancouver is a beautiful city; make the most of your time there.

The OP said they will have a day pre-cruise days in Vancouver...then will be excited to get on the ship..and get the cruise started....I agree with them...I too am usually one of the early onboarder's.

We arrived in Vancouver the day before too. We did the trolley thru Stanley Park and the city. But the morning of embarkation, we took the free shuttle to the Capilano Suspension bridge. That was the best part of Vancouver. Check it out. Then get on the ship when you can put your bags away in your room, then have lunch.

Have a great trip.