Giovanni's embarkation lunch - take too long?

I am hoping that the embarkation lunch will be offered on Oasis on our 2 day cruise, as it usually is. They say to plan 2 hours for dinner - is it the same for lunch, or is it quicker? Really want to try it, but can't eat up that much time. (no pun intended)

It is not in the Cruise Planner, btw. But then, because it's such a short cruise, a lot of stuff is not offered ahead of time.

Thanks!

Edited by MattInFLL

We have done Giovanni's lunch in about an hour. However, if you are concerned about time, just mention it to the server when you arrive. They will tell you if they can fit lunch into your schedule.

I am curious to know how the recent no reservations taken for lunch will affect Giovanni's. I imagine they did away with the reservations because they instituted the OBC rebate for specialty dining reservations and did not want people fussing that it was a specialty reservation so why did that not apply. I hope you come back and let us know how lunch worked out for you. I am really looking forward to lunch at Giovanni's on embarkation day.

I am curious to know how the recent no reservations taken for lunch will affect Giovanni's. I imagine they did away with the reservations because they instituted the OBC rebate for specialty dining reservations and did not want people fussing that it was a specialty reservation so why did that not apply. I hope you come back and let us know how lunch worked out for you. I am really looking forward to lunch at Giovanni's on embarkation day.

I've never seen a wait at Giovanni's for lunch on embarkation day. I believe you're overthinking it with regards to the OBC. I imagine they just realized that reservations were just wholly unnecessary.

I know we're talking Oasis but the one time we did it on the Allure, they were offering a free lunch to the B2B cruisers and there was a wait. We managed to get there before them and watched the line form.

I know we're talking Oasis but the one time we did it on the Allure, they were offering a free lunch to the B2B cruisers and there was a wait. We managed to get there before them and watched the line form.

Agree. We did a B2B last October/November. We were told to be at Giovanni's for lunch around noon - most of the restaurant was for the B2B cruisers. There was a line when we left. Lunch was about one hour - we ordered off the menu - it was not a set menu for the B2B people. Very nice.

I'm thinking the B2B'ers on this cruise will be doing the first leg with us, and then the transatlantic that follows. So maybe not so much an issue on my cruise if they do offer it. I really would like to try that menu.

I'm thinking the B2B'ers on this cruise will be doing the first leg with us, and then the transatlantic that follows. So maybe not so much an issue on my cruise if they do offer it. I really would like to try that menu.

You will love it, a lot of food, I hope you get to enjoy it. Lasagna is so good. I'll be getting on when you get off. I can't wait.

Edited by Bosjoe

I believe lunch is a slightly different menu than dinner. We did dinner family style and then another day did lunch, where we ordered for each of us off the menu. Lunch didn't offer the potato gnocchi with blue cheese sauce (my fav).

Bosjoe - I thought so :) Good to see you.

And I thought the gnocchi was on the lunch menu that Bob posted? That looked super good. Oh well, I'm sure whatever it is, it will be tasty.

I was there in Feb of 2013, perhaps it has changed by now. I know I loved it!